Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PP Angler

Skies

11 posts in this topic

I'm heading up this weekend, anyone know who the muskie fishing has been??

THX

Kevin

Hey Kevin,

We have had a mixed group of anglers this week. Only one group really working the muskie hard. They have caught 5 this week, but only one legal. They have lost two HUGE fish and have had good follows from bigger fish as well. The fish are not hard to find right now, and you will see a bunch. Just getting them to pull the trigger is still a part of the puzzle that I have not been able to crack yet.

The conditions are good for a solid bite, however, they still seem to be a little tenative on the srike.

Thats what it looks like from here, not sure how everyone else is doing. The 'eye bite has been the best that I have seen for mid July for quite some time.

Doug

Hey Doug!!

THX for the report, sounds like there is some good action, can't wait to leave tomorrow.

Hopefully we'll get into some nice eater eyes and do some C&R on some jumbo skies.

THX Again... good luck fishing!!! smile.gif

We have been having the same problems. Seeing lots of fish but very few will actually hit the baits. I had one hit at dark. Couple of hard follows on topwaters.

Bite has been awesome. 9 fish this week and I only have been out 4 of the last 6 days. Boated a 44.5, 44.5, 44, 42, 41, 38, 38, 37, and a 37. Bucktails and surface baits.

Dave

Sounds like great action, can only hope it stays hot, as long as I'm seeing them it keeps the heart beating.

THX for the reports guyz!!

I was going to head up there next week. But with the big jump in water temps, I might change my plans. When you're talking water temps in the 80s, muskies can get stressed out pretty quickly. You can still catch tme when it's hot. It's just a matter of having a successful release that comes into question.

Aaron

Aaron, I hear you on the release deal, not that it's a problem with me since I haven't caught one of 20"s!! HA!!

Dave

What Lake Did You Catch All Those SMALL Fish On

grin.gifshocked.gifgrin.gif

There was a very good bite over the July 4th weekend. However it has ceased to exist since then. I was out everyday last week and had little to show for it. Rapid rise in the water temps and now sustained elevated water temps probably have something to do with it. I fished my brains out this past week, day, night, wind, calm, sun, rain, etc. About the only conditions I didn't fish in was snow which sounds pretty good right now with temps in the 90's. If you do luck into some fish please minimize your release time. Hot water temps makes it tough on em.

Good luck. laugh.gif

I was just up there since friday morning. Had at least 12 follows on friday but no takers. On Saturday, fished pretty much the same spots and managed one follow for the whole day! Not sure what to make of it. I was on the east end. Anyone do any better than I did in that area? I fished everything from rocks to weeds and it didnt seem to make a difference. Anyone help me out?