Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pikerliker

Shore outing

4 posts in this topic

I took my oldest son (just turned 12) out yesterday for a little father son shore fishing outing (My boats in the shop right now frown.gif). We fished for a couple of hours from the east shore of Madison and got into some hungry largemouths. It was a lot of fun. My son caught his two biggest bass yet a 13 and 14 incher respectfully within minutes of each other so he was smiling! They were enjoying jumbo leaches under a bobber. We just pitched into the holes in the weeds and waited. The bass seemed to be really active last night. Lots of them rolling and jumping in the weeds. It was a really nice time.

~piker

I was just out on Madison yesterday , too. Were you fishing by buckmeisters(?) bridge? A friend of mine, and I took out our little 12 ft aluminum boats, and drifted around together trying to catch some sunnies. His son caught the only one.-Later!

Dustin

Dustin we were by the culvert. We were the only ones there I'm assuming because of how weedy it was. Made the evening that much more enjoyable!

~piker

Piker.....How did the garbage look around the culvert now? Better, I hope. It is nice to have evenings like that with your kids-memories forever. A bonus also to have the bass cooperate. Hope you get your boat back soon to get on the outside edge of those weeds. Good luck fishing this summer.

jeff