Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
markr108

where to fish?

4 posts in this topic

I just moved to Waseca last winter and am looking for some good places to shore fish with the family. I've had good luck with sunnies on Clear Lake but would like to find some northerns or evan an occasional walleye. Can anybody help me?

I would go to the fish hatchery up on Lake Tetonka. There is a fishing pier there as well good northern spot with a an occasional crappie or walleye.

As 99ranger said the hatchery is a very good place for pike and the occasional eye. Another good area to fish is Loon Lake in Waseca for pike although most of them are small, Rays Lake near Elysian can also be good for pike from shore.

Lake Sakahta in Waterville has some good spots on shore for walleyes and the occasional pike such as the Narrows or the bridge off of Highway 13. There are other spots if you are willing to go exploring, but I dare not say them on the internet shocked.gif!!!!!!!

Hope this helps and GOOD FISHIN!!!!!!!!!

Eagle Lake has a real nice area to fish from shore. Notherns tend to like suckers or creekchubs on a plain hook with a modest weight about 4 feet from the hook so the bait can still swim. A lot of the big pike and walleye that was taken out of the lake last fall was put back in this spring.