Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
luv2fish

Maplewood/Oakdale area

luv2fish

I am planning on taking my 3 year old son out tonight after work. I have never shore fished before. But until my boat is ready to go, we can try some shore fishing spots. I was planning on going to spoon/keller lake in Little Canada. Has anyone been there? Caught many sunnies? Or is there somewhere else I could take my son to get some shore fishing action?

Thanks!

Little Joe

I dropped the boat into Spoon/Gervais last Sunday. The sunnies were biting better than the crappies. Looked like the people on the West/Southwest banks were doing better than the others - lot's of small one's though. It can get pretty crowded down there this time of year so expect a lot of company. Have a great time with your son. I'll be doing the same with my 5 yo this weekend (different lake).

ps - Make sure to program the TIP phone # into your cell before you go just in case you witness any limit violations! It's been reported to happen quite often on this lake frown.gif

TurnUpTheFishing

Battle Creek lake in Woodbury can be good for a mixed bag of crappies, sunnies, perch, bullhead, possibly a northern.

old star

I live just across the speedway from this lake i though it froze out because of shallow depth charge. i would love to catch some nice bullheads and panfish- do you have any spots i could fish off shore, i gave my boat to my grandson, but he never takes me out.

Mongro02

Tanner's Lake by hwy 94 in Oakdale, has a nice big fishing pier where kids fish all the time for panfish.

old star

i recently moved to landfill and have not fished tanners are the panfish big in there? and are there bullheads?

fly651

I think Island lake in shoreview is a good spot for kids shorefishing. Caught a lot of small sunnies while fly fishing over there last week. Good Luck!

old star

I'm not a kid i'm 70 years old. i don't like kids they irritate me. i would like to find a place near my home, since i'm partially disabled and my grandson has my boat now and he never takes me out- i live near tanners and battle creek lake. a spot on either lake where i could catch any kind of fish would be great.

TurnUpTheFishing

Old Star,

Both lakes have a pier. Both lakes dont have much size as far as panfish go, but both can be good for bullheads. Ive seen lots of bullheads come from Battle Creek, some are well over a pound. At Tanners you have a chance at a channel catfish, or the occasional walleye. The battle creek pier gives up mostly bullheads, small sunnies, and little northerns.

old star

them piers are nice but there are way too many kids on the one near landfall, they yell and carry on and it really irritates me. the sunfish are also very small, i kept a bunch of them yesterday but they were too small for me to clean so i had to throw them away. i'm hoping to get some biger ones on the river- my grandson is taking me out on the opener on the river. i hope to latch into some nice sand pike.

TurnUpTheFishing

I rarely fish tanners pier, but whenever I do there always are some annoying kids down there throwing crap in the water, casting over lines, asking dumb questions, or telling me about their 20lb. walleyes.

I hope fishing is good on the Croix this weekend.

old star

there was an old gentleman down there yesterday he claimed he had a huge catfish on down there last year but he lost it, we spoke and talked about years past. then some kids came down and wanted help fishing so i left.

[Note from Moderator: Please refrain from using offensive language, thank you]

fisherman-andy

You can always try Vadnais, Snail, Sucker lake. Fishing could be slow though as there is not much of a panfish population. There are some nice pike and bass. Otherwise for pannies go to like Como, Phalen etc. Good luck fishing.