Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
12lb8oz

When is a good time of spring to hit Red for Crappies

12lb8oz

I know they move into the bays to spawn in the spring. Is there a hot time that a guy should try and plan a trip? I have never fished for crappies on the open water up there. I realize the weather is the big variable but any advice would be appreciated. THanks

Fish-on

Mid may to mid June. Best bite usually seems to be a few days either side of Memorial day.

Matt Breuer

Fish-on is pretty much right on! We start taking trips around the 10th and the bite usually progresses until late May. Early June is usually really good until it's quick decline near the middle of the month.

Good luck this Spring, it's a blast open water!!

HoleHopper

Was thinking about driveing up and trying it by myself the fourth week in may. I know nothing about where a guy could put in at. Isnt it real shallow for a ways out? What size boat would be ideal for the landing(s)and lake. Thanks for any info!

Drake

Holehopper, sounds like you have picked a good time to hit the open water for the crappies. We normally put the boat (just a 16'er) in at the public landing at the Tamarack~unless the winds dictate that we need to put in on the southshore, then it's out of Rogers or Morts. (The Tamarack is just up from Westwind and Hillmans~think Hillmans is where you went in at for ice fishing.) We take is slow through the river and through the markers until we get out onto the lake, then it's on to the 5'-6.5' depths of water and troll around until we find the crappies. You're gonna love it!

shadrapla

when you trolling so what kind of lures and bait I want try it at red lake day before opener

crappiescout

I've been catching crappies since the ice moved out and we got all that warm weather. But lately we've been having some cold weather and the wind makes it tough to get out. Im guessing when the weather warms back up and the water temp goes with it will only get better and better! For a accurate lake, weather and fishing report call bearpaw!

crappieSCOUT

www.bearpawguides.com

moby1

that is good to hear. We have two campsites at the state park on the tamarack river reserved for June 2-5th. I usually make it up there once a winter for the last 4 years and finally had some good crappie action this year. Ive been dying to get up there and try open water. Finally I talked a few buds into giving open water a shot. I cant wait. It's like being a kid on christmas eve waiting for christmas morning !

HoleHopper

Drake, Thanks for the info. Got my map out now. I'll be comeing up by myself. Not sure when that week but I will let the weather dictate that. Maybe I'll even try my luck for some perch on blackduck.

10,000 lakes, and a vacation by myself....... grin.gif

I'll stop by and say hi. Maybe someone will want to go with wink.gif