Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MURPHFISHER

Lousy weather

5 posts in this topic

After the flurry of roughfish activity last week for my first outing of the year, I have been dying to get out every day after work. With this lovely rain and 30's in the forecast for lows tonight I am concerned how this will affect the bountiful sucker fishing Dan and I experienced last week. I sure hope they are still cooperating. Any idea if the rain/cold will affect the spawning suckers? Does anyone even care about suckers? LOL!

I am planning another outing Wed and/or Thurs on the Zumbro river near Hammond and hoped the fishing would be as good or better. Caught some very nice fish last Friday. At one point 3 suckers all over 20 inches in a 10 minute span including a 2 footer. I will post a follow up on how I do.

Murph....Doubtful that the weather will be bad enought to squash your fishing. We'd need an awful lot of rainfall to hurt you and the cold air at night has less of an effect on the fish in a river system than if you were in a creek or a pond....even a lake. Go get'um.

Quote:

Does anyone even care about suckers? LOL!

If all a guy does is catch and release, what does it matter what kind of fish you catch. I think a good size Red Horse can be as exciting of a fight as any Waldo. And some of those Whites can be very strong.

Anybody else like Sucker fishing? Come on don't be shy. The first step is admitting it.

Where is a good place to go? Might be a good possibility to take some family for some sucker fishing. What kind of set up do you need? I remember rough fish fishing back home on the Wisconsin River. Nothing like fighting a carp on an ultra light set up.Thanks.

Andy

I caught a redhorse while trout fishing a few weeks back and it put up a great fight!

A few corn flies might be in order this season, just to have a good time fighting some of those big ugly fish. cool.gif