Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Slyster

White Bear Lake crappies!

Slyster    0
Slyster

Saturday my son and I went to white Bear Lake. We just hung around the island landing.. and the shallows just east of the bridge.. and were not well equiped so I didn't expect to catch anything.

My questions is.. next time- armed with minnows/flu flus etc.. Any general tips where we could head to actually catch some crappies.

It's a BIG lake and I have found good summer areas but have yet to catch a sunny/crappies!

LuckBites    0
LuckBites

If you haven't fished the shallows by the eagles nest you should start there with everyone else. The best days are when the wind is blowing out of the W/SW. Today the water temp on the south and east shores was 45 but on the wind blown shores the water was up to 52. When this warmer water blows in to the reeds you'll be able to sight fish in less than 5 feet. Just use a flu flu with a grub or a minnow.

This morning most fish were in 10-12'. The warmer water was windy but produced all of our fish (5 northerns, 2 bass, 3 crop, perch). It was fun to bend the rod a little, all fish were released.

If you want better action I'd fish the north end of Bald Eagle. Today's wind is really blowing some warm water on the best spots there. Looks like these winds will stay from the SE for a couple days. The good thing when it's windy is that you end up with the whole lake to yourself smile.gif !!

Joe

Slyster    0
Slyster

The Eagles nest.. hmm.. didn't know there was one there! Where is that? Is that near the reeds on the east side of the island (under the bridge from the launch)

wall eyell be    0
wall eyell be

Quote:

Is that near the reeds on the east side of the island (under the bridge from the launch)

Yup it's where you're thinkin' it is, but that's near the reeds on the WEST side of the island.

MisterFish    0
MisterFish

The whitebear crappies are hitting hard by the cemented dock. bring your minnows(plenty) and a jacket because the action starts around 8pm-10pm....very good size crappies too:) good luck:)

MisterFish

fly651    0
fly651

Where is the cemented dock located? I went there yesterday morning and caught alot of perch. Full of eggs... but small.

Slyster    0
Slyster

Yes... the cemented dock.. hmmm.. again.. I'm not as familiar as I should be with the lake! smile.gif Thanks for the help. Even perch would be fun for my son.

Yes.. WEST of the island sorry.. had the lake turned around in my head.

JohnMickish    7
JohnMickish

Do you mean Matoska park? Have they put the docks in yet at Matoska?

gopherfish    0
gopherfish

I think he means the dock just to the north of the VFW.

B-bear    0
B-bear

mnfishguy,

I was there Sunday and Matoska did not have the docks in yet. Don't know if they went in yesterday tho.

LuckBites    0
LuckBites

The docks at the launch are not in yet but they started putting the dock landings in place and the launch docks should be out in the next couple days.

MisterFish    0
MisterFish

sorry about exact location name. i don't really pay attention to named land marks. but yeah, i think there is a building with the VFW on there by the cemented dock/pier that i was talkin'bout. lets see what else can i say about the location.....hmmm......the building (assuming that is the building with the VFW on it) is like a bar or something. hope that helps. see you out there:)

MisterFish

fins&feathers    0
fins&feathers

misterfish

yep your right, the pier is next to the vfw

glad to hear that the crappies are in

Pig_sticka    0
Pig_sticka

Tried all over the place today, found em scattered. Couldn't find a decent pattern for them, some where out in 15ft some in 3ft. All the boats were also scattered just about everywhere with most boats gettin a couple here and there. Anyone else out there find any real patters? Might just take another week or 2.

nartherns    0
nartherns

I have found the crappies in about 8 -12 fow where there is weed growth visible. Also, when the sun is out you will see sunfish and crappies on the surface just hanging out. Went out there today and caught limit in 30 minutes thankfully just before large wave crashed over the front of my boat, it was kinda scarey out there today. PLASTICS

Slyster    0
Slyster

Nice job! Wonder if you could share where you nabbed them and what you used? We won't be keeping any fish if that helps. I plan to use a few yellow or white flu flus with minnows soon... and I have about 8 sites chosen and entered into my GPS... What quadrant perhaps? smile.gif N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, NW? A few clues would help us so much... feel free to email too.. pete.2@sly_ster.com (delete the space between sly and ster!)

TylerFlom    0
TylerFlom

If you could give me a few tips also i'd be grateful, we're going out this wednesday, and would like to know where to start

tylerflom13@yahoo.com

Pig_sticka    0
Pig_sticka

Everyone has been fishing the north-east areas of white bear drifting along the drop-offs, find a place where a couple are schooled up and enjoy.