Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CabinBoy

Rush Lake on Opener

5 posts in this topic

Thinking of trying Rush this year on opening weekend. Never fished the lake before, just looking for another option besides OT. If anyone is willing to point me in a general direction, it would be much appreciated. Don't necessarily need specifics. Thanks.

VERY good idea, hang around the edge of the deep weedline and good things will happen.

Any particular areas of the lake better than others early in the season?

The deep holes can also produce if you like to jig, nothing big but you will get some eaters.

we fish Rush every opener and do pretty well.. We fish on the shoreline breaks in about 8-10 feet of water still fishing.. we've caught a decent number of walleyes and northerns. my dad caught a 12.5 out there the year before last on the opener..I'm pretty sure that's where we'll go again this year.. Your more spread out from other boats, and if you get there in the morning it's not as packed at the landing... i think people go to ottertail and see the landing is pack so they then come to fish rush, because they don't have to wait to put the boat in,,,,