Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cyberamish

Jeep Inline 6 question

4 posts in this topic

I have a 1995 Gr Cherokee with a 4.0 L I6. I ran it through the carwash yesterday (I figured we needed the rain wink.gif) and when I got home I noticed a vac. line dragging underneath. It comes off the back of the front differential but for the life of me I can not find where it is suppose to hook up to. Anyone have a clue where this thing is suppose to hook to?

It may not hook up to anything.. probably the breather.. does it have(or any sign there was) a little white fitting on the end?

They usually stick up somewhere around the master cylinder and are held up by a cable tie or something similar... just get it elivated and dont crimp the line if it is in fact the breather.

It is clean cut on the end like it would slip over a nipple fitting. I will take a look around the master cylinder, thanks!

Sounds like you disconnected the vacuum supply line for the hub engagement. If you look just in front of the coolant resevoir you should see a tee fitting with a pair of quarter inch lines and an eighth inch line. The eighth inch line goes to the cruise control. One of the quarter inch lines goes to the intake manifold. The other should be routed under the fuse block, then under the battery and then down to the axle.