• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Just want to say thanks for all the honest updates. I'll be up at the Lester Sunday night. I'll give my update then.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Northlander

• Surface Tension

• wazzup

• protrapper

Quote:

the wife and I made a few pulls by the bridge got about half bucket in 1/2 hr and that is with a 65yr old women on one end of the net>>>later the load

Help me out. where can you pull a sein next to the bridge? any help would be greatly apreciated

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

HEY, I PULLED IT!

You "simply" gave someone a load of crap for posting about smelting locations is what you did. We don't allow that here.

Its a glorified minnow for god sake and one of the most prolific reproducers at that.

(yep typo. simple-simply)

Cybermuskie I can see your point. If it were a hot Panfish spot or any other gamefish for that matter I would understand fully. Smelt on the hand are a very "aggressive" breader and the chances of someone fishing them out of grindstone or any other lake with dip nets is very slim. Heck I doubt it would ever happen with a bunch of guys using seigns. Lots of seigns at that.

I do however understand that there isnt but a couple spots to smelt on Grindstone and more people in those spots tends to ruin the fun of smelting in those few spots and then it seems like there is always the issue of people leaving their garbage behind. That would bother me way more than people catching the smelt there.

Please everyone who is smelting this spring, leave it cleaner than you found it!

Cybermuskie we must have been typing at the same time but I think S.T. was trying to say "simply". Just a typo. I know S.T. well and I have never known him to name call in here.

i think he was refering to the reason of your post being pulled as "simple" not you as an individual.

That could be as well. I doubt any harm was meant.

Ok who is pulling the point tomorrow if the rollers die off? Way to choppy tonight. Ill be down there later on in the night. Im hoping by 10pm.

Well, thanks guys. As far as I am concerned I am done with it, I am even going to erase them and maybe S.T. will do the same.

Cybermuskie where is Backus? I have never heard of it before?

It is north on Brainerd by about 40 miles up 371, and south of Walker, by about 20 miles. I check this one cuz my buddy lives by Proctor, and I come over and fish with him.

Ok I guess I have probably been by there but not payed it attention. What lakes do you fish down there by you? I should get down that way some time. New waters are always a challange like you say.

cybermuskie, yes it was a typo and its been corrected. I was hoping it was over when I deleted the post. Lets justs move on.

So who's in for seining the Point tonight, thats if there isn't 3' rollers pounding the beach.

It will be to rough tonight. Waves are gonna be big. I heard the crew is already surfing the Lester River. A.K.A. The L-Train. Go check'm out.

Ill be there later on like after 10pm. I have a date! blush.gif

It doesnt look good again today but I hope it lays down.

You don't seem to optimistic about your date if your gonna be by the point at 10 pm. You two should be getting your second wind by then. Or you should be sealing the deal. grin.gif

Surface Tension & Northlander,

I plan on heading down to the point tonight. Lets hope the lake doesn't get out of hand with wave action.

Take care,

Tom (BD110)

Protrapper Im sorry I shouldnt have used the word "date". My wife and I get together once a month with other couples and have a couples night out. Looks like tonight will be just dinner and drinks so I will be home early. Besides BD110 and his better half wont be with us so I know he will be on the point so Ill join him afterwords. Tom Ill call ya on the cell.

Northlander....I fish alot of lakes in the Longville area just north of here, like Woman Lake, Wabado,Little Boy to name a few. I know more lakes in the Bemidji area as I lived there for 14 years. I actually may end up working over your way in road construction this summer.

Have fun running the insane net! grin.gif

protrapper, could you e-mail me as I have some questions and perhaps a favor to ask of you. Thanks

dockehr

Dr. Roland E. Kehr, Jr.

Lindy Tackle

[email protected]

you guys meeting at the tot lot tonight? i might have to make it down.

BD took a run down to the point and as off 8 PM it was breaking pretty good.

Maybe later this week.

Can someone help me with where to smelt next to the lift bridge? i have smelted further out on the point for 20 years but always wanted to know where it was that you could smelt my the bridge. help me out guys. thanks!! Im going to head up on sunday night and see whats going on. got to give it a try? any work on any thing in the rivers? if the point is to rough that my be where i will be

You dont belive. you have never been to grind stone before then for the smelt run . you may need some lessons also let me know i can help . Just hear me now . Bleave me later .

kgpcr4, if you know where the beach is and where the bridge is theres not much more to it.

Im going to give it a shot tonight after work. Everyone post where you will be. Im thinking the silver will be at the Tot Lot after being at the end and Wi. Point 3 days ago.