Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Navigator

Interesting new outboard concept.

Navigator

This outfit, pro drive shallow water outboards, has a new twist on an old idea...mud motors that look like outboards. I watched the video of them going through some back-woods hill billy swamp and that motor was getting the crap beat out of it. I'm curious on how loud the motor really is. The video I watched muffles the sound. Also, there is a pretty impressive rooster tail that has the potential of soaking anyone following you... grin.gif It has possibilities though. Nav

ps. One other thought, I think I've seen something like this before...only it was on the bugs bunny/road runner show and I think it was an egg beater.

Kevin Turner

Hay Nav, Where do we go to get the info?

Edit: Dumb question...I just did a search.

Navigator

Hi Kevin...How was the trip up & back?

Good idea, but goofy looking. smirk.gif Nav

Kevin Turner

Trip was good!! Anytime you can deliver two boats to MN in December, life is good.

BTW, I was looking for your return call...We had dinner at the River Inn, my treat.

jipper

Hey Kevin, did you get signed up yet for the smallmouth championship in anoka on july 9th.? Jack Kordiak ( actions fishing ) and I have already sent our money in... smile.gif

Kevin Turner

Jipper,Thanx for the heads up!

Navigator

My apologies Kevin...I didn't get your message til after you were headed back south so go ahead and say it "snooze you loose". Nav

Roamer

Another manufacturers sight that has a motor that I believe is similar to the one that you describe is <no unauthorized weblinks>. The motor is called a Gator Tail. This is a Minnesota company out of Avon, MN I believe.

Kevin Turner

I didn't know Dick and the boyz had a OB style motor. I tried the link but it's not working. For sure check out Beaver Tail.

Royce Aardahl

A guy put in a boat with a beaver tail last year here and it didn't work very well. Pretty good size boat and he hit lotsa rock and gravel with the prop. Maybe he was new at it. not sure.

Kevin Turner

Every rig has its limits. I've fished with the Beaver Tail boyz and they have little trouble getting where the fish are. On the plus side, Beaver Tail is less $$$ than some of the larger jet rigs (RiverPro)and will chew thru weeds with ease. On the down side, they not quite as comfortable to operate and tend to be on the slow side.

Dick Fisher is good friend of mine and just happens to own a HiPro....

jipper

Kevin, Just wondering if you got in the contest in anoka..