Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
fishnmagician

Reports from McQuoids?

fishnmagician    0
fishnmagician

Fishing out of McQuoids on the 23rd-25th....Any recent reports from Mcquoids houses would be apprecicated.

fishin magician    0
fishin magician

Dude you copied my name.

fishnmagician    0
fishnmagician

Sorry dude......I didn't know you were out there! Great Name!

FishingwithJake    0
FishingwithJake

We rented a house for Sunday (1/16) and Monday (1/17). I'll let you know what happens. If anyone else has any info before then, it would be appreciated.

muskiejoe    0
muskiejoe

Fishinwith Jake, We have rented a house from McQuoids for Sunday and Monday too. We are going from 1:00-1:00. We have the ten holer.I am glad they have a tv in the shack to watch the vikes. Any idea where they have their houses? Gravel? One thing we are making sure to bring is small fatheads. Sometimes that is all that works... Thanks, Joe

FishingwithJake    0
FishingwithJake

Muskyjoe,

Does McQuoids have more than one ten holer? I thought they just had one. We too have a ten holer rented from 1:00 - 1:00 Sunday and Monday. Actually, I just got my confirmation from them a bit ago.

snax01    0
snax01

Hopefully you guys aren't double booked! Would be great if both of you could post back how you do. We have "The Lodge" through McQuoid's next weekend (1/21 - 1/23). Hopefully the location is decent. We went through Izaty's last year and they put us right over 30' of mud in mid-january...one lonesome walleye from the shack all weekend. keep us posted!

muskiejoe    0
muskiejoe

Well I just called and confirmed too. They must have more than one 10 holer. Hopefully the walleyes live under the one I am going too...

FishingwithJake    0
FishingwithJake

You wanna bet?

muskiejoe    0
muskiejoe

sure what?

FishingwithJake    0
FishingwithJake

Well, I'm not sure how many people are in your house but we will have 5 guys. So, how about a gentleman's bet? Who ever reports the most fish CAUGHT over the length of stay wins! We will post our numbers Tuesday morning. Do we have a deal? smirk.gif

muskiejoe    0
muskiejoe

It's a bet. Go vikes. Joe

bturck    38
bturck

Whats the wager on this fishing adventure? Its going to be more fun than watching Moss "moon" the crowd LOL Good luck guys Bill

'eyesmaster89    0
'eyesmaster89

You guys wanna extend that bet?

I'm also goin up sunday and staying till monday. smile.gif

Buck44    0
Buck44

McQuoids is the only place I will stay on Mille lacs. They have by far the best sleeper houses I have ever seen! Their staff is excellent and their houses are top notch. I cant say enough about them.

snax01    0
snax01

Any report from the weekend guys? We leave friday morning to stay at their 14 holer. What were the houses over last weekend? Thanks for any info!!!

muskiejoe    0
muskiejoe

brutal. 5 guys no fish. brutal

snax01    0
snax01

What were the houses over?

FishingwithJake    0
FishingwithJake

Muskiejoe,

Well it was just as brutal for you as it was for us. We caught two pirch between five guys. mad.gif McQuoids had us just south of Hawkbill. We didn't graph a single fish. It was terrible!!!

muskiejoe    0
muskiejoe

They have nice houses, but I am always surprised how close to shore they are. I was hoping we would have been out farther than Hawkbill point.

snax01    0
snax01

Well I guess it's a good thing we'll have a portable or two along...might have to venture out a little further...

500spikes    0
500spikes

I have an Idea. going feb.6 talk to me. Let me know how you did and what you found. OK? Sorry can't help you, but don't know nothin in Wisc.

kevlar    0
kevlar

Just south of Hawkbill here myself, can see the rentals out my window, i've gotten skunked most of the season so far. This last weekend I was able to produce a few perch including at least two Jumbos, even pulled up a smalleye on Saturday, Most of the pearch were on Sunday right after the game. good luck to all..

snax01    0
snax01

Well, we didn't have any luck this weekend. McQuoids had us out past Hennipen Island, in about 25 feet over some great rock piles. We figured it would be a decent spot. Nope. 1 eel pout all weekend. On Saturday we ventured down the road a few more miles into about the same conditions and saw nothing. Moved over right off of the rock island in about 13 feet of water, one tiny northern. That's about our typical luck for the lake though.