Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Neiko

Renting a camera on Red

4 posts in this topic

I am going up to Red and renting some sleepers at the end of the month and was wondering if it is worth renting a camera for a day. Is it too dirty to see anything? I have a LX3 but was wondering if a camera would help at all.

Don't waste your money. I had mine up there on New years, and could see all of a foot or two max. I pulled it up right away.

Neiko-

The LX-3 is all you will need to catch them slabs. In all reality, you could do it easily without a flasher but I like to know when the fish are down there and how they respond to my presentation.

I was up at URL this past wed and Thur. I has my AV an it worked fine, you can see about a 2-3 ft away, plenty to see your jig. I watched the Eyes hit (awesome) and the BIG pikes go by. The Crappies were few and far between for us. But a portable was about 200-300 ft away limited out. Those 2 guys stopped in shoed us the slabs( wow ). We went out of Hudec's, nice road too. Have fun and bring some food, ( not a close store )