Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sergeant Slabber

Cold temps. effect on fishing?

6 posts in this topic

I'm heading to URL this Friday, and by the looks/ sounds of the forecast I'm frankly finding it hard to stay pumped up. Just wondering if anybody has fished there in that cold of temps that are being forecasted, and what the effect, if any, it had on your outcome. Thanks!!

I was up there two sundays ago after the cold front/snowfall came through, and we only caught two craps. We did however catch a number of good sized wallys that didn't care what it was like the day b 4. In the past, I have noticed a trend with the weather up there just like any other lake, its a special lake, but the fish are going to act like any other fish when a cold front moves through and the wind switches! Good luck if you go and let us know what happens. Donk out cool.gif

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. It's a long ways to go to be let down by the (Contact US Regarding This Word) weather! That major of a cold front will probably shut them down for a bit.

The only positive I can see about these temps this weekend it that the front is supposed to move through Thursday sometime and hang around 4-5 days.

I am hoping by Saturday that the fish will adjust and start biting again. confused.gif

Down size, slow and on the bottom fellas!

One of the best bites I ever had was the 3rd day into -30 degree weather. The fishing was insane, it was the 1st trip for a friend of mine and he has not had as good of fishing as that in his subsequent trips there. We literally caught our 30 crappies in 20 minutes. This was 5 years ago when the limit was higher. We actually stopped at 29 and caught and released #30 at least 50 times over the next 2 hours. Then we threw #30 on top and headed home. Funny thing is I don't recall if it got cold or not in the portable that night.... cool.gif

Good luck!

Ken

I hear you. We're going up Thur and Fri and I'm finding it tough to stay excited. Every year that I go up, a cold front moves in and they shut down.

grrrrrrrrrrr