Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mudman

BURRRR!!!!!!!!!

10 posts in this topic

Looks like this weekend is going to be COLD shocked.gif Talking 20 below for highs and 40 below for lows!

What I have taken 3 diffent ways to red from the cities ( 65,371,35) and have found 65 seems to be the quickest.

Any one have other opinions, I am coming from 35E/52

1 other pretty good option is hwy 169 to grand rapids. I take it about 1/2 the time. the other 1/2 is usually up 35E to Moose lake as I live by 35e/35w split. Anybody know if the road from Moose to G rapids has an problems?

thaks

I take the 35 to Moose Lake option myself. I like being able to go 79.999 mph half of the way. We live real close so we'll have to get you on our broomball team and on the IBOT team. laugh.gif Hope the cold spell doesn't shut them down. They killed em this weekend!!!!!!!!! 7pm W.W. Fri. & Sat.

What is the moose lake route?

I always got off at finlayson to 65 or run up to duluth and across.

Wow, I tried to reply and a few seconds ago and a Virus popped into my computer somehow. I have excellent anti-virus soft ware but it couldn't quarentine the (Contact US Regarding This Word) thing. It popped up as a desk top item and i sent it to the recycle bin and dumpted it from there. Don't know if is still learking around in the C drive? Anyway, The Moose Lake exit is about 10 or 15 miles north of the Finlayson Exit. It is Hwy 27. Same difference but on 35 a bit longer.

So let me get this straight

35E - 27W

27W - 65N

65N - 2W

2W - 46N

46N - 71S

71S - 72N

to Waskish

5 hrs and change door to door

Right? confused.gif

moose lake route = 35 to Moose lake exit then Mn hwy 27 to hwy 73 to hwy 2 east thru G rapids

Big V - Mudman, thats the route! I have gone about every way possible from the south metro and this seems to be the fastest and the safest when the weather turns rough.

better.

Go past moose lake to barnum exit. Cr 6 to 73 Straight road.Took it on the 7th of Jan. We got to Grand Rapids in 2.6hrs pulling a single smowmobile trailer. We live in Centerville. Avg 65 to 75mph.

Ron

Talking about routes to Red. I live in Cloquet (20 minutes north of Moose Lake/Barnum) My sister in law also lives in Hugo; not too far away from some of you guys.

I haven't been to Red this year, but I'm hoping to go a few times in Feb and March. Not sure what your plans are, but if anyone ever needed another person I'm not too far off. The only thing I DON'T own is an extention...and how hard is that to make? Not too difficult.

Harv