• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Packers will.........

buzzsaw

Be golfing next weekend when the Vikes are playing ball! grin.gif

Just the facts....

Daunte Culpepper threw four touchdown passes -- giving him 11 TD passes and no interceptions against Green Bay this season -- and the Vikings picked off four Brett Favre passes after managing just 11 interceptions all season.shocked.gif

Happy golfing guys... oh and keep an eye on ESPN you may have just seen Bratt Favre's last game!!

Golfing? Have you seen the weather outside? Actually I did go to the golf course today, but it was to take my 3 year old sledding. Had a blast.

Yes that Viking Defense came up big today? Where was that defensive collapse when we needed it?

Another point on Culpepper, I don't recall the exact stats, but Buzzsaw if you go back to last year as well, the Culpepper stats against the Pack becomes even better.(Found them, add another 397 yards passing, 5 tds, and 0 ints) I don't know what it is with him. Besides his arm he always seems to kill us with the run. To be honest I was surprised the Vikings did not go for it, I think it was in the 3rd and it was like 3rd and 13 and they ended up punting when they had the ball at the Pack 33. Bennett did a great job though puting in inside the 10.

You make a good point on Favre and I refered to it in another thread about whether or not Favre will be back next year or not. With all that has happened in his life the past year it would not surprise me if he does in fact retire. But on the other hand the guy is so competitive I can see him not wanting to go out on a loss like this. As I mentioned in the other post, the play that Favre disappointed me on today was that run and pass beyond the line of scrimmage towards the end of the half. That is a play where he needs to do what he can to get into the endzone or at least pick up the first, which I thought he could have at least done.

Congrats on the win and good luck next week.

Your a classy guy!! I was getting nervous when it became 24-17! But Duante willed this team to a win and a great shot of the moon. wink.gif

A post from ESPN page two:

Join me in jumping off the Brett Favre bandwagon. (Gasp!) When the guy can throw four picks -- and throw away a home playoff game, maybe he isn't Super-Brett anymore. Established in 1997, his rep's credit line is nearly used up.

"Should he retire?" debates are lame, because that's the player's decision; but let the "Can he deliver in the playoffs anymore?" debate rage.

Favre will be around 3-4 more years. They have not even started looking for a replacement for him yet. They had better get on it I would say. He actually made bigger and more stupid mistakes last year. They call him one tough hill-billy. I have not heard him called a smart hill-billy.

He really needs someone like Mike Holmgren to tell him what to do and what not to do, to not do stupid things.

First, I am a vikings fan and I would love to moon sixtythousand packer fans at one time grin.gif But come on all this talk that Farve is washed up and should quit is bogus. The man threw 30TD'S this year. I remember when 30 was an excellent number

Viking fan, RIGHT ON BROTHA!!

Sunny J, No one said he was washed up (I don't think) but my gosh can he ever perform under playoff pressure anymore?? I just got home and ESPN sports reporters were ripping him a new hide!! They said that since the Packers SB win that Mr. Favre has thrown 19 interceptions!!! NINETEEN DAWG!!! All I'm saying is that he definitely is on the way down.. you cannot argue this with a clear unbiased conscience! He forces so much and yes he gets lucky and sneaks alot into his WR's... I love his competitiveness and that he can have a normal conversation with the media.... but I'm guessing he may just pick this year to go out on his terms. (whatever they may be)