Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Garness

Charlotte

Question

Garness

Anyone having any luck on Charlotte with anything but snakes. We caught a bunch of tiny perch and one crappie. We have been out there a few times and thinking of not going back? Any tricks or tips I'm missing.

4 answers to this question

Shallow Runner

Have been out ther numerous times. Could rename this lake the "Dead Pond". I won't be back.

BackHerUp

That lake has been hit hard by the locals for many years. It is primarily fished for northern pike and even they have been depleted. Everyone tends to set-up in the small bay, which cannot sustain the pressure especially over the the last ten years. Driving out into the main body of the lake (though this can be risky, since this lake has no inflow and is spring fed), will provide a better chance at fish, at this point. Lots of inconsistent ice though. I've done it (in the past) and had success getting away from that crowded bay...but do so at your own risk and use extreme caution. This lake has very clear water (or did anyway) making it a tough bite. I haven't been out there in 3 years though...because the bite became few and far between...

Goosepimp

I dont know why people go to that lake for crappies!...you schould be smarter! You can get some big pike if you know where to go.

Juan Grande

I ice fish Charlotte quite a bit. We were out there last Sunday and managed 4 small pike on tip ups.

We seem to have a lot more luck for crappies in the evening. We set up in about 24' of water in the bay just out from the launch. It's not the hole that all the perms are on, there's actually another hole to the left that doesn't show up on contour maps. We've pulled a few nice crappies out of there, but the majority of them are 7".

I know a couple guys that spear pike on the main lake and they say they've seen some big boys. I heard a 17 pounder was speared last week.