Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

1st Please Post Your Fishing Report - Then Join the NEW - Private Fishing Report Clubs   01/24/2018

Private Fishing Report Clubs - Click Here - Post Your Fishing Report Before Joining
      1st, be sure you post a fishing report in the forums, then ask to join after you post a fishing report in your area forum. The Private Fishing Report Clubs are where folks can share private fishing information with club members who have proven they know what's going on. Fishing Report Clubs Link also in Menu above. Apply to become a member today, while it's still easy. 
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Green&Gold

Permanent on the river???

Green&Gold

I know that this is not a WI site, but I still have to ask this question:

I am putting my permanent fish house out this weekend. I live in Superior and am looking to put it somewhere on the river that is fairly close to home. First I was thinking out off of Loon's Foot landing. Now I am leaning more toward's Kimball's or McClure's. I understand the risk of current, channels, etc. That is why I am now considering the two latter spots, rather than closer to the channel at Loon's Foot. Does anyone have any input on how the fishing has been at any of these places? How about advice on what spot is best for a permanent house. I prefer fishing walleyes, but would not be opposed to a good crappie hole either.

Also, if anyone is interested in helping that has a trailer and/or a wheeler or sled (house is 6 x 8), they would have access to a permanent to fish in for the next couple months, as well as their beverage of choice this weekend. I'm planning on putting out the house either Saturday or Sunday (before the game) so let me know if you guys have any input.

Thanks,

JH

P.S. Steve - I know you probably have an opinion on this subject being the "river rat" that you are. smirk.gif Give me a call if you want. You know my #.

Northlander

Hey man it will be hard getting it out on Loonsfoot. The city has plowed the landing in and no way a trailer will get threw. Maybe if ya can get someone with a plow or maybe a couple snowblowers to plow you threw? It looked about 4' deep. Call me Im still home sick. Try my home I just got a new cell and its not on yet.