Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Bass_Bully

Lake Riley in EP

Bass_Bully

Planning on trying this lake in the next couple of days. Is there any areas to stay away from on Riley. Any reports, ice thickness, houses out there?

Judd

The whole lake has plenty of Ice. There are quite a few permanent houses out this year much more than last.

Lunker

Good luck, this lake can be a bit of a challenge, but I know there are nice fish in it. Pike come the easiest to me on this lake, having caught them on tip ups while fishing this lake, but it wasn't the same story otherwise. A lot of the fisherman I've talked to have said the same thing. I know of some guys who do well on the crappies and such, but It's a nice lake to have electronics on, which I don't. It's deep, and pretty much a big bowl except for the one point and one little bay. I've done very well here in the soft water season though, so I know it's worthy of some attention. Good luck

d.roy

I've been wanting to fish riley this year but haven't been able to yet. Last year we did alright but I notice some of the crappies had cysts and growths on them - I never like seeing that. The year before that was hopping for me there - lots of good crapps. I guess I'll have to get out and see what its like this year.

Has anyone else fished susan in chanhassen this year? Susan has been terrible for me this year, only one crappie in a few outings. I was talking to a local on the lake who said that the city was doing some dredging this past summer in the susan watershed and he felt that the dredging has affected the fishery. He said that his success there has greatly diminished since then. I have noticed the water being more cloudy but am not sure if the fishery has been hurt by it.

Riley and Susan are connected by stream - if susan was affected by poor water quality I hope that that water didn't cause probs on Riley. I'd really find that hard to believe but am curious on what others experiences are on these two lakes.

Perhaps a better excuse for my poor ice season so far is bad luck - I think it's time for a new horseshoe...

Sergeant Slabber

I fished Susan last week and had minimal success. Caught 2 alright craps, and lost what I think was a decent eye. Marked a couple of things on the Vex but that was it in about 3 hours time.

Kodiak

i went to riley like last weds. had a nice northern bust off at the hole....that sucked!

Bass_Bully

Can you drive onto the lake from the boat launch next to the park?

jeff127

driving should be no problem---lots of vehicles cruising around out there.

jeff

Bass_Bully

Thanks for the info, wanted to try today but went down by Fairbault and did very well on the crappies.

MRWALLEYE2005

Fished Susan once this summer and caught a bunch of sunfish. Never marked any big fish over the entire lake but there looked to be a lot in the deeper water on the lowrance. Does Lake Riley have a decent boat landing and a chance at some walleyes?

jeff127

Riley was much better 3 yrs ago(it has been getting hit pretty hard during spring/summer) but you do stand a decent chance at catching a few eyes.

jeff