Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
bucketmouth64

lake suggestion for mentor

bucketmouth64

I mentor a 10 year old boy. Was thinking of taking him ice fishing Saturday. Don't have a portable so it won't be an all day thing. I was wondering if any of you have any lake suggestions to catch panfish easily in the north metro area. How is Coon, Crooked, or any other lake doing?

BDR

Just up the road from you is West Rush. Crappies should keep a 10 y.o. busy. Size is small but they are plentiful. There are a ton of houses out, most are set in likely Crappie locations.

blk94fiveoh

Might be a little far south but, Forest lake is loaded with tiny perch,sunny's, and crappies. They will bite as fast as you can get your wax worm down the hole. I was out there today, and the largest fish I caught was a 7" sunfish.