• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Worst. Playoff. Team. Ever.

JIvers

I am not a stat junkie, but I do know that a couple of NFL teams have made the playoffs with 8-8 records in the past--the Jets did it in the early '90s, I believe. However, does anyone think a worse team than this year's Vikings team has ever made the playoffs? I am a die-hard Vikings fan, but I was so disgusted by today's loss that I actually wanted the Rams and Panthers to pull off wins, and keep the Vikings home next week. An 8-8 team with a bad coach, horrible defense, an offense with a knack for dropping crucial passes, committing stupid penalties at the worst possible time, and generally having no heart should not make the playoffs, even if they are my favorite team.

This team came out needing to win and prove that they belonged in the playoffs, and instead they turned in a sleep-walking performance. What little spark the Vikings showed today went out after Burleson made his big drop, aided by Goldberg's game-killing penalties. This team lacks the killer instinct and discipline needed to belong in the playoffs, and I blame the head coach for that.

Ultimately, I don't see things changing until McCombs sells the franchise to someone who believes in investing in a good team. Mike "Duh" Tice is still around because he is cheap, and the defense stinks because McCombs refused to spend the $20 million in cap space this team has on quality defensive players during the off-season. That money would have brought three or four quality free-agents, and I believe two good linebackers and another decent safety or CB would have put this team in contention for the Super Bowl. A good coach wouldn't hurt, either. Instead, the Vikings are stuck with a third-rate defense and meat-head coach because McCombs is a miser.

What do the Vikings get for backing into the playoffs? A unique third loss to the !@#$%^& Packers in a single season! mad.gif Really, does anyone actually think this gutless team that blew every opportunity to win today before they quit stands a chance of beating Brett Favre and the Packers at Lambeau in January?

Well said. It is tough as I have Purple blood in my viens, but this team is a joke right now. All these washed up QBs taking over games. Mike Tice still punting the ball on 4th and 5 when they NEED a win. He is a horrible coach. Nate Burleson has been the man, cant believe that drop. Goldberg, yeah but what about McKinnie, another joke.

Brian Russell, is there a WORSE Safety in the NFL right now?

Ditto, well said!!

Brian Williams is the single biggest joke on defense!! Henderson is a close second and our coaching staff is on crack! I can't say anymore.

They might not only be the worst playoff team ever, right now they might be the worst team in the NFL.

To illustrate my point, if they were playing any team right now, would you really expect them to win?

I agree on Brian Russel. He is horsesh!t! I've never seen a guy that was that bad start on an NFL team. Also, what is up with the offensive line. Christ, give Dante a chance to throw the ball instead of running for his life the last two weeks in a row. Just maddening watching these guys. However, I can't think of a team I would rather see them play in the playoffs besides the Packers even though we have about a 5% chance of winning.

I agree with you guys!! However, fella's, although you can buy players, you cannot buy Heart!!!!!!!!!!!!! I try very hard usually, to not be critical when I cannot do a better job than the people I'm being critical of.

I have a very bad habit of judging people with the criteria of, " Would I want this person in my rifle squad overseas?" This bunch of Purple WeenieEaters would have gotten me sent home with a CMH. No, that is not a medal, it is a Casket W/Metal Handles! The current members( with 3 exceptions of the starting 22) of the Purple WeenieEaters, HAVE NO HEART!!

There has been a rumor that a couple of the members of the PW's read this Forum. I hope they do, and if they do, this next part of this opinion is for YOU.

Over the years I have heard members of the PWs' state that the game of Football is a war. Football is a GAME!! War is war! War is where people die and are maimed, both physically and mentally, for an ideal, NOT A GAME. You do not have what it takes to play War; it takes HEART to be in a war, and you highly, highly, paid primadonna's DO NOT HAVE HEART. You do not even have enough heart to play a simple game.

I do not blame you guys for being mad. Even way back when the Vikes were my team it seemed like about half way through the season I would start looking for some team to root for. That was long after the Purple People Eaters had retired. I can tell you one thing though, the Pack would rather not be playing the Vikings this coming Sunday.

If it weren't for Culpepper(If we had a pocket passer with limited mobility), we would be the 2nd worst team in the NFL right now, period.

Culpepper is something special thats forsure, but past him if moss decides not to play and the line plays like they do we have nothing, burleson can be ok at times but he cant carry the team. it will be awhile before the vikings return to glory, they need to many things for one offseason, new coaching staff, new owner new o-line, 10 new guys on defense. We were talking at the lunch table in school today the vikings should trade moss and bennet for 2 d-backs and a offensive linemen.

DO NOT TRADE MOSS!!!! com'on. he IS the best receiver in the league. sure, he's a little baby, but he plays, when the team plays. we need him! he knows we suck, and he reacted wrong..... wiggings is the best thing that has happened this year. all we really need are new coaches, and a few savvy vets on D to teach the kids. remember how young most of the players are. they all can learn from a good coach. i am almost positive they will loose their a$$es this weekend. but there is that stat out there where teams never beat the same team 3 times. who knows. the pack aint much better than the vikes. but they can, however, and most importantly, win the big game as we all witnessed on X-Mas eve. go vikes, i guess?! confused.gif