Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
mtreno

strikemaster 244 junk

mtreno    0
mtreno

yep got one - looks nice - does not run for nothin - got it going after 40 min and the thing just will not cut. boggs down every turn. to big for a paper weight. maybe i can take it back or something - anyone else have one? the motor is the same that all the others have so any thoughts on that?

LocalGuide    0
LocalGuide

Kind of figured that would happen on some of them.

For something creative to do. Go out and buy a eskimo shark engine and a strikemaster 4-blade auger and you wont have to worry about bogging down. That thing will probably cut ice like warm butter.

We did that to a the 3-blade ultra. Because my grandpa had the Ultra and my dad got a Eskimo Shark 10". We decided to try the Shark engine on the 3-Blade auger and it turned out to be awesome! But everyonce in a while we will switch it back to normal again too. smirk.gif

jltimm    0
jltimm

My guess is it's a carb related problem?Not getting enough or getting to much gas when put under power to cut ice?Some adjustments in the carb are probably needed?I know nothing about carbs,but I'm sure Strikemaster would fix 'er right up for ya unless you know a mechanically inclined person you'd trust to look at it?Although, being it's new,you might want Strikemaster to fix it since it is new and you shouldn't have to deal with this being it's a NEW auger and under warranty?

BDR    0
BDR

I had no problems with the new 224. It started on third pull. Even in sub zero temps it started right away and cut no problem. No pushing on this one it digs right down. I am interested to get out and cut alot of holes in cold weather to see if icing is going to be a big problem or not.

mtreno    0
mtreno

BDR - do you have the 8 or 10 inch? going to run out and play with mine a bit and see if i cant get it to run better. glad to here yours works better than mine.

18 inch Crappie    0
18 inch Crappie

Did you put fresh gas and the right oil in? Take it back and exchange it for another one. I boutht a 3hp Jiffy a while back and did not run good. Exchanged it at Fleet Farm where I bought it. Now I run new Strikemaster Ultra 3 blade and love it.

hanson    1
hanson

Just another thought...

Did you warm up the motor before trying to cut into the ice, or did you just start it up and start cutting??

My Lazer Mag Express will absolutely not cut anything for the first 30-45 seconds. But once it is warmed up, it'll cut and keep cutting.

BDR    0
BDR

mtreno- I have the 8". If your gas and oil is correct I would just run it up to strikemaster. They will take care of it. I am pretty sure they are in Big Lake. I am sure theres an adress in the manual.

Good luck

BDR    0
BDR

Also I did notice mine will not start unless the vent on the gascap is open

mtreno    0
mtreno

ok so after playing with it some more and just letting the motor run thru a tank she seems to run alot better. much happier about that. cuts great and very fast untill the smaller blades make it thru and the bigger blades get cought on the smaller bladed holes. i can get it thru but it does take a bit of work. i have the 10 in. think maybe the pitch is off on the second set of blades or something. may have to stop in up at big lake before next weekend. anyway thanks for all of everyones help.