• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I was out on cross last night 2:30-9:00 didnt catch anything but the ice is 9" thick. Iwas on the west side north of the crappie hole by the last point on that side.

I fished out there a couple times last year, but thats was after it was good for driving. Was just wondering whats the shortest walking distance for me to get to the sunken island? meaning where should I go out on the lake from?

My brotherinlaw has A house on the lake so I just go out from there. The only public access I know about is the one on the river.

I'm guessing it would probably be quickest to walk from the dam area on the east? side of the lake, its still quit a walk from there I believe though, was just hoping there was something closer. Thanks for the reply!

hiphop,

I know there's a couple access points (not official accesses) on the west (correction, I said east originally) side of the lake. The first is midway up the lake. The second is about 2/3 of the way up the lake. I wish I could tell you how to get to them, but it's sheer luck when I find them. laugh.gif

They are heavily used in the winter, so the bait shop in town should be able to give you the scoop.

Ray thanks for the advice on the access on the West side by the crappie spot. You were right about it being hard to find. I drove down every road over there until I found it. I probably couldn't tell anyone how to get there, I'll have enough trouble finding it the next time myself! As for the access spots on the East side, there is the public access by the dam, but I wouldn't recommend anyone use it because there is river current there and I know it doesn't freeze well there. Also have seen cars go through there every year, luckily it doesn't get deep until you get out to the lake. The best spot to get to the East side spots is about a quarter mile North from the dam. I don't know the name of the road, but it's a dirt road straight off the highway. Anyway, has anyone caught any fish up there this year?

• 2 weeks later...

I went out on the north end by the sunkin island this weekend. I caught 7 nice crappies and two small eyes on friday evening. there is 12" of ice. there were full sized

trucks with four wheelers in the beds driving out but I walked out. I dont feel safe in my truck without 14".

Was out on the East side on Sat. Got the house out so I didn't get fishing until 11 A.M. Got some crappies though. Can't believe people are driving on 9 inches of ice!