Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slim Pickens

Leech ice quality, & action

11 posts in this topic

I will be heading up to the cabin after the holidays(agency bay)and was wondering what the conditions are like with this cold snap we've been having... thanks to all.

Slim-

Keep me posted on the fishing on Leech this winter. I have my ice gear with me in Grand Forks, well my rods and jigs and the hand auger, so i will be doing some traveling to some lakes this winter. Pretty sure Leech is only about 2 hours for me from there.

Wishn, good to here from you. We just spent the week after x-mas at the lake and I was able to get out a few times mainly to try out some new gear(aqua-vu & fish trap)the wife gave me the 6800 last year. I caught a few small perch,and only one walleye. The underwater camera works really well on leech, it's pretty fun to use. I did get some reports of panfish coming out of shingabee bay and minor walleye action in other areas of walker bay & agency. There is 12-15 in. of ice and people are driving on the lake, but watch out for the channels. We'll be heading up this weekend for some more fishing and snowmobiling. GOOD LUCK!

Slim-

Been out lately?? If so, how you been doing? The family is coming up this weekend and we are hitting LOTW, hoping to get into some fish.

Hey Slim,

Our family has a place on Pine Point, we spend a lot of time on agency. Had any luck up there lately, I haven't been up since before christmas. frown.gif

I, unfortuneately have not been up since just after the first of the year. We do hope to be up for the eelpout festival. The month of jan. has been a busy one and it didn't involve much fishing or snowmobiling. Hopefully this will change in feb.

thanks anyways, I am heading up there this weekend, I'll report back on monday!

Fished Leech on Sat. In our area, Pine Point, the top of the ice was terrible, it was impossible to drive so that limited our range to fish. We didn't have the sleds up there. So needless to say it was pretty slow, a few perch here and there but nothing big or consistant, anyone else have any better luck?

Slim,

How you liking that camera? Did the wife get that for you?

Hey wishin, any luck on LOTW?

Hey tinski, I've been meaning to call you. How's the fam. The camera works great on leech with the water clarity. can't wait to give it a try on the open water. we're going up to the cabin this weekend for the eelpout. I might try some fishing,otherwise we'll just check out the festivities. we'll talk soon.

Slim: cant wait to see that camera in action for "opener" this year.

Tinski: LOTW was so good, i bragged to all my buddies about it, they went last weekend when i was skiing, now we are heading up there again tomorrow morning for one of their's birthdays cuz they were way impressed too. Fine by me, more fishin time!