Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Poupy

Driving on the ice?

Poupy    0
Poupy

Going LOW Jan.3 and planning fishing URL on the way up. Are they driving trucks out there or should we bring ATV's.

hanson    1
hanson

I would think you'd be fine on Jan. 3

I'm hoping to get my truck out this weekend. blush.gif

jigspoon    0
jigspoon

How much ice right now? anybody know? Merry X-mas to all !

Shane683    0
Shane683

Poupy,

Where are you staying at when you get to LOW? I'm also heading up there that day.

W.W.BarTender    0
W.W.BarTender

most resort have started to let people drive out. There are some cracks that have caused some problems. With this weather the lake can change by the day so your best bet is to call before you go to check the current conditions. The ice is about 16 inches out in front of West Wind.

SoHawk    0
SoHawk

The kids and I will be up on the afternoon of the 25th. I was wondering if the cracks are too bad to drive on the lake? I have an F-150 with a 12' sleeper house. Does anyone think it will be too risky? I'll have the kids with me that is why I just want to make sure. If that is the case we won't go. We were planning to go out of either hillmans or WW.

thanks!

crappiescout    0
crappiescout

West Wind put a steel bridge over the largest crack today, so it should'nt be a problem.

crappieSCOUT

SoHawk    0
SoHawk

Thanks for the info, CS. I really appreciate it. If you are out tomorrow or sunday, look for a blue '93 pickup and an old winnebago pull behind and we should have a cold one for ya! hehe we'll have hot chocolate too..might be more appropriate with the weather!!

Labby    0
Labby

Scout

How has the bite been lately/ any help would be graet we will be up on Monday going for some Crappies in the evening and northren during the day

Poupy    0
Poupy

Hey rafter we are staying at Schusters my guess is you are going with our group, because most of the big drinkers are from Bricelyn. Doug and are planning on leaving early Monday and hitting URL on the way up.

Poupy (Dirk) tongue.gif

crappiescout    0
crappiescout

Labby,

The bite is pretty spotty right now with the majority of the fish hitting during the day,but there is a decent evening bite if you locate fish. Pike on the other hand are going strong, We had a guy today who stayed in one of our sleepers who pulled a 43 1/4" pike through the hole, with a few other nice ones in the 38" range.

crappieSCOUT

bieganekbaitco    0
bieganekbaitco

Hey crappie scout where you on the ice tonight when the whole lake shooooooooook. What a way to tighten up a mans lower unit!!!!!!!!!!!! confused.gif

weasel069    0
weasel069

That had to be an enlightening experience!! Im coming up with my wife on friday morning, kinda hoping for a good shake just for her. Ive been there when one shook the lake and yep my lower unit tightened right up.