• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Amsoil in a Jiffy Auger

FishnBear

Question

16 answers to this question

I use another synthetic and it is 2 ounces to a gallon of gas.Im sure someone else will verify this for amsoil

I thought the mix for Amsoil was 33 cc for one gallon of gas. Just do the math on the back of the bottle, one ounce is 30cc, any pharmacy will give you a small measuring bottle if you need it to meausure out the exact amount of oil. I use Amsoil in my auger and everything else, it's so much easier than mixing all the different 32-1 and 40-1 etc.

My buddy ordered a brand new Strikemaster 224 that should be in anyday now. Since it is brand new would it be better to go 4 oz. with that first galllon of gas for a mix just for the break-in?

I would run the manufacturs oil the first tank or 2 just for warranty reasons but that is only my opinion.

Correct-- synthetic oils are not the greatest thing to use to break in a new engine. Run the first few tanks with conventional oil, then switch to amsoil.

So mix the oil as Amsoil says, 50-1 and ignore what the owners manuals say to mix at ? Just want to be sure.

I just saw an individual packet of Amzoil in the store today. It was 1.5 ounces and it said to mix with 1 gallon of gas.

I sent a email to Amsoil Tech support and asked which of their products to use in my auger and other two strokes.

Here is their reply :

Thank youfor contacting AMSOIL with your concerns.

Inresponse to your inquiry, the suggested product is AMSOIL Saber ProfessionalSynthetic 100:1 Pre-Mix 2 Cycle Oil (ATP). The 100:1 ratio (1.5 ounces pergallon) should be used regardless of the OEM recommendations, as this is ahighly concentrated product.

Thank youagain for the opportunity to respond to your concerns. As always, please feelfree to contact us again if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Jim Van

AMSOILTechnical Services

I saw it at my napa dealer. I though two and a half bucks was kinda spendy but then a gallon of gas lasts me all season.

Amsoil is the only oil I use in my truck, car, harley, 4 wheeler, chainsaw, lawnmower, etc. I think it is great. Ya I sell it too but for my cost to friends.

Call Charlie Meyer in Cleveland MN He is a big dealer and very friendly. Tell him Ken Peters sent you. His #1 888 217 3875

I fired my first tank of Amsoil yesterday in my SMLM-6 auger and I choked her to get her going pulled like 5 times and it popped so I through the lever forward to shut off the choke and she fired right up. I'm wondering if I'll ever have to choke her ever again? Burned super clean and no visible black residue. Instantaneous throttle response! I'm impressed I went with 2 oz. of Amsoil Saber Professional to 1 gal. of gas my auger is 7 years old...

Thanks you guys for the tip. Can't wait to rip some holes.