Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fish or die

hunt lake

5 posts in this topic

went out on hunt today it sure was windy we only managed two crappies really slow light biters to. Hows everyone else doing in the in the area. good luck everyone.

"hey your flag is up"

I was out on Hunt last Thursday. Pretty slow. 1 small crappie and a few small perch. Fished from 8 feet to 18 feet deep. Did not mark much of anything on the flasher.

how much ice was out there. I went out there a couple years ago and did quite well, bunch of sunnies, an 8 pound northern, a 4 pounder and another large fish that we lost. I'd like to head out there a couple times this year.

well I was out there a week ago and there was 6 in. so I would think there would be at least 10 maybe even 12.

If you go like to hear how you do.

good luck

There was plenty of ice. I guess I did not measure, but I felt plenty safe. I did pretty decent on the gills last year. Seemed to catch fish every time out and even found some good sized fish. Nothing huge, but found a few keepers. I am hoping a few of them have grown since last year.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Tom Sawyer
      Did you access that stretch from Wilson Park, or below Cathedral High School @eyeguy 54?  
    • phishnerd
      I guess a crayfish pattern might work up there eh?
    • eyeguy 54
      Nice area to get the yak out in.  One of the smallies wanted to share lunch with me. 
    • nmitchell17
      Fished spring park today, tried walleye early with no luck.  Switched to bass and managed to find a few in about 10 feet over weeds.  Caught most of them on a chatterbait 
    • UpNorth Bassing
      Hello, I am a young angler looking for PONDS I live in the metro area close to Plymouth. I am mostly a bass angler but love some big crappie and gills. I have lots of ponds I know of and can trade spots, matter of fact I know a pond in the metro that is around 10 acres and stocked with a lot of YES I SAID TROUT and it is not courthouse. I will trade you spots and I love private ponds and would love to get access to some small private lakes or ponds. I am a catch and release angler just looking for some pond bass. I will trade spots with you just message me.
    • BartmanMN
      I'll try to gather more info from the guy at softball practice tonight.
    • monstermoose78
      If you can bring your boat to shagawa which is close my friends up there are doing very well on eyes lots of small ones but pletty of eaters. Burntside is a not the easiest walleye lake but it is a night bite. If you like pout you can get some all summer long there. I like to fish near the little finger bays that have mud bottoms. 
    • Barefoot
      Camping on west side for the weekend.  Anyone else be up that way.  Will have boat and maybe open seats when the kids get tired of fishing.
    • Dune27
      Looks yummy!
    • eyeguy 54
      click below   high now but 1999 was crazy