Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lindylittlejim

Minnewaska

7 posts in this topic

Might try to get up to Waska tomorrow or Thursday if this darn wind lets up. I'm sure the ice is fine, I'm just curious if there is any action going on the glenwood end, sunfish and crappie during the day? If anyone has reports please post! thanks!

Was up there on the glenwood end on sunday, pretty slow, had one crappie bite, couple small perch. 8 ft. of water was pretty clear....need some snow on the ice and some murky water!!!

I would try the Starbuck end out from the beach if I were you. The reports from the Starbuck end are much more appealing than the ones from the Glenwood end.

Has anyone heard how much ice is on the Starbuck side of Waska because me and my dad were going to try it. If anyone knows please reply back so I can let my dad know.

'lil' green, just read a report that said the ice was 8 to 10 inches...but it is still best to check the ice as you go...

I actually saw a pickup driving out on bottle bay last night. Not for me yet. Happy Holidays and great fishing everyone.

The ice is just fine out there now and people are driving everywhere I myself have fished starbuck side alot lately and just caught lots of puny perch and a few dinky walleyes, was wondering if anyone has any info on the halvorson point area?? I was going to drive out there tonight but didnt want to venture out there in the dark I seen several vehicles on the south side twoards the hole but didnt see any twoards halvorsons point the 2 spots on the south shore 2 drive on look pretty heaved up I did see a suburban drive off there by the resort I normally drive to havlorons point from the beach. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Good luck Fishing