Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Neiko

Cabelas pack versus Marcums pack for lx3

Question

Neiko

Was drooling over the LX3 and all the post on them has me looking to get one. I looked at Cabelas and noticed they have it with there pack for $30 less. Does anyone know how these 2 compare? Should I try to save a little or will I regret it?

3 answers to this question

hanson

I thought Cabelas got into trouble with this a few years ago with the Vexilar packages they were assembling and selling.

From what I remember, people were having issues and sending their Cabela's pack Vexilars back to Vexilar and they were saying half the stuff wasn't their product. confused.gif

I doubt that it is just the pack that is different. I would check the battery, battery charger, the battery charge meter are all Marcum.

I would pay the extra $30. The Marcum soft case is awesome period and worth the $30 if that is the only difference

Dan Wood

I haven't seen these packs, so I can't speak of the quality of Cabelas packaging. I know they like to do this with many products. For $30 I'd pay the difference and get the original MarCum pack. They are really put together as a nice quality package from MarCum.

Neiko

Thanks guys! I just ordered my LX3 with the Marcum pack. Didn't want to kick myself for trying to save $30. I will be getting it sometime next week and am anxious to use it. I told my Fiance I had to have one so I could catch more fish so the pressure is on me to produce.