Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
DRH1175

Anyone hit White bear or chisago area yet?

DRH1175    0
DRH1175

I am hoping with the cold weather to hit the lakes on Thursday hopefully. Anyone out yet on Bald Eagle, White Bear, or any of the Chisago lakes yet? If so how was the ice and fishing? cool.gif

LuckBites    0
LuckBites

Fished WBL Fri & Sat on 4 & 5" respectively. Fishing was slow but good to be out.

Fished BEagle this morning on 6.5". Fishing was slow but plenty of ice!

fins&feathers    0
fins&feathers

i was on lindstrom saturday, did well with the bass all 2 to 3 pounds, toss all back, not sure of the regulations,panfishing statred off great untill it cleared up and quit snowing then it shut down. i measured 5 1/2 inches of ice

DRH1175    0
DRH1175

I will be out on Thursday than. Great to be fishing again!!

fins&feathers    0
fins&feathers

drh1175

i see that your from WBL, the reason i ask is that i grew up, in WBL, just a few blocks from the VFW. on second and webber street right behind the white bear care center.

ive had some good fishing there at the VFW in the early spring and late fall long before they built that fishing pier.

ill probably be out there this saturday, i know its xmass day, but if you happen to be by the lake ill be in a black portable that says cabelas above the door,

stop in and say hello, good luck !

DRH1175    0
DRH1175

fins&feathers,

Ya, I live right accross the street from Nelson Marine. If I see ya out there sometime I will say hi. Will be at inlaws house for Xmas though so I will not be fishing. I have a fish trap voyager will either be out at WBL or Baldy on Thursday though will let you know how I did.

rosspj59    0
rosspj59

Fins & feathers or DRH, been skunked out on the bear a couple times looking for crappies and sunnies. Do you guys do better during the day or night for crappies and sunnies out there? I tried mainly around sundown and night fishing. Any advice would be appreciated. Email is rosspatrick59@hotmail.com. Thanks!

metrojoe    0
metrojoe

DRH1175

I’d be interested in popping a few holes on White Bear tomorrow. Where you heading out from?

Maybe we could meet up.

DRH1175    0
DRH1175

rosspj,

I mainly fish bald eagle this time of year for walleyes really don't start panfishing till the walleyes shut down. I do know out from the VFW can be good Also would check some of the sunken islands. Metrojoe, I am thinking of hitting bald eagle instead actually for walleyes. Will be out early afternoon In my fish trap voyager fishing one of the bars or islands.

metrojoe    0
metrojoe

No problem, maybe some other time. Just itching to get out and not to sure where to go. Still healing up from surgery last week so I don’t know if I’d be up to pulling the portable for any long distances. I think I may head over to a small metro lake and see if I can get on some crappies.

Good Luck

JohnMickish    7
JohnMickish

Saw some guys out from the VFW today, closer to the south side by all the docks. I don't know how they where doing. Where is there to park there before you can park on the ice? I don't think that little shopping center wants you parking there so what's a guy to do?

blk94fiveoh    0
blk94fiveoh

Quote:

Saw some guys out from the VFW today, closer to the south side by all the docks. I don't know how they where doing. Where is there to park there before you can park on the ice? I don't think that little shopping center wants you parking there so what's a guy to do?

You can park at lions park, but you will have a little bit of a walk. There are also spots on the street. Yesterday I parked next to the vfw on the north side of the lot (east side of street). There are only about 4 spots, but it wasn't marked with "vfw only" signs (the south side of the lot was). Althought you may want to check with the vfw if you park there.

fins&feathers    0
fins&feathers

ross

sorry i couldnt respond sooner.

About white bear lake, there is a 20 foot hole a short distance from the fishing pier by the vfw, i have pulled some big crappies out there, my best time usally is kinda late at about 9pm

if you get a chance to try it let us know how you did

good luck

Jared from Savage    0
Jared from Savage

I see a lot of people fishing the 14' hole just in front of Kowalski's. Seems about 15 portables in a hole that might measure 100 yards around. Must be nailing them!!! Looks like a case of follow the leader. Couldn't believe my eyes but there was a full-size pick-up out there this morning. Ice cannot be over 9"??? Any reports?

Lostit@theHole    0
Lostit@theHole

Chisago last night. Got into a bunch of small crappies and quite a few bass. Odd catching bass in the winter like that, fun though. All in all a nice trip. There were vehicles out on the lake but i wouldn't suggest it, about 10-12" of ice. Good luck.

spasticcp    0
spasticcp

I hit Chisago yesterday too, morning though. Plenty of sunny and crappie action. Nothing big was hitting that morning for me. We had one flag on a shiner, but it was gone before I got hold of the line. mad.gif