Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scott S

Clearwater

13 posts in this topic

Has anyone been out on Clearwater lately, and how warm are the water temps. Have the crappies moved in shallow yet? Am looking at going out the first week in May. Also when is the crappies tournament this year, will try and avoid going out that day.

The highest emp where i been fishing 53. This area has slowed now as far as fishing , and time to use the boat to hit some other spots.

Hey RHinMN...I sent you an email. Maybe run into you on the pond this weekend if you're out and about.

Going to Head over your way later today Buck. Maybe you will see this to know and we can FINIALY HooK up grin.gif

Has anyone been out here lately. Fish biting? Going to be going out saturday and would like to know if they are biting and where to start. Thanks all

Scott,
I think that BJ’s tournament might be this Saturday. I am heading out Sunday and again Tuesday or Wednesday.

BJ's contest is May 8th. I would hope that some of those that enter it follow tthe rules of the contest. i have witnessed quite a few of those who enter it break a number of rules to the point i am thinking of volunteering to be one of the workers for the contest.During last years contest there was 1 boat parked in the middle of the trailer parks harbor. when the docks are in there is NOT ENOUGH ROOM to get past.Figure it out boys,, 1 18foot boat in the middle,docks in from both sides = another 50 feet.. the Rule States, you cant be with in 20 feet of another boat or dock.The harbor is only 100 feet wide so that leaves about 15 feet betwwen the docks and a boat anchored sideways in the harbor.

Yes the fish have been biting on all the lakes including clearwater

I am headed out to clearwater to fish tomorrow and Thursday. How is the crappie bite? Anybody got any tips on location and what they are biting on? Thanks!

Anyone been out there latley? Thinking of maybee goin out for some walleyes this weekend.

Been wondering the same.. Thinking about hitting another lake Saturday morning and then getting a nap and hitting Clearwater all evening and night on Saturday. How is the bite? Are there still any crappies in shallow?

Last weekend the crappies were in pre-spawn areas, out of the shallows. Walleyes were in deeper water, avoiding the light. Have at it.

How deep is deep for the walleyes? 15'-20', 20'-25' or 25'- 30'.

Thanks for the info!!!!!

Deep is relative. Early morning this time of year they will be shallow, 10'-15'. Later in the day down to 20'+, all depending on the spot, bottom, weeds, etc. If the water is clear you can see them down there and they can see you looking at them.