Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Royce Aardahl

Giving the Smallies a rest

20 posts in this topic

We had a great time bow hunting in north dakota. I got a 9 point and fonz58's son Adam got a nice 8 point for his first archery buck.

47b4d726b3127cceb642fa5f301c0000001610
47b4d726b3127cceb642e58670520000001610

[This message has been edited by eyeguy54 (edited 09-07-2004).]

[This message has been edited by eyeguy54 (edited 09-07-2004).]

Here's the buck Terry got Monday.

47b4d729b3127cceb671b50a9e830000001610

Holy cats eyedude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am selling all my fishing gear, and headed for your secret location!!!

Now I just need to find it. wink.gif

Awesome man. You gotta post these in the Archery forum, or the Photo sharing forum.

Nice man, Ever since I started duck hunting in ND and seeing deer like that I've always wanted to bowhunt there too. DO you know someone out there or what?

I grew up in ND, lottsa great people out there! Shot my first in 1968! Man that's a while ago grin.gif

I was born in 1968 eyedude!

punk wink.gif

Nice deer eyeguy!!!! I'm envious that you've been out already!

Wow those are some nice bucks. Is that last one still in velvet?

Yes he was still in velvet. Probably half of the deer we saw were still in velvet.

Nice deer, I'm sure a lot were in velvet this early.

I'm not a punk like biglakeba$$, I was born in 66...

I'd tell ya but then I'd have to kill ya! smile.gif

[This message has been edited by eyeguy54 (edited 09-09-2004).]

I don't hunt...but I can appreciate a nice buck!

I'm starting to think that Eyeguy does nothing but hunt & fish... must be a rough life!

------------------
Mike
TJ Tackle Pro-Staff

Man... that makes me miss home in NE N.D. The crops(canola, sunflowers, mustard, soybeans...etc.) really give these deer the necessary nutrients without having to work too hard for food. Then these deer can really hide in the open prairies and get away from people. Also, the buck/doe ratios are better managed and much more in balance in most areas to help sustain a more healthy population of deer. Each year I would have at least 5 bucks that were 140 class and up that I would chase around our farm. Even 1 180-190 class beautiful 7X7. My dad still living on the farm takes pictures of some of these brutes and sends them back to me once in a while. I still go back for rifle hunting and am waiting for the elusive 170+ buck to come my way!!!

I think I would fall out of my tree if a 170 class came by. Man that would make the heart race!! River was up about 4 inches from yesturday. Little slower action but still a good night. 1 at 18 tonight was the biggest.
BLB I was a die hard walleye guy for about 30 years, thats why I picked eyeguy.
Big Mike I try to hunt and fish as much as possible. Yes I work. I have to to buy all these lures and stuff!! wink.gif My wife is very gracious and understands how much I love to be outdoors. I've been that way since I was a kid but I am starting to feel the cold over the last couple years so I like a warm blanket on a cold winter day. OK enough of the emotional stuff. Get out there and rip some lips!! grin.gif

I try to get out as much as possible too - I'd fish all day everyday (on soft water, hang it up come time for ice) but the lady would freak. She is pretty understanding and is getting better, but I've still got to work for my days on the water!

I find compromise is the best thing...that and foot massages always seem to add a couple hours to a day on the water. If she is happy - then I'm happy.

------------------
Mike
TJ Tackle Pro-Staff

If mama's happy, everybody's happy!

Awesome pics! That velevet rack is beautiful.

What part of NoDak do you hunt?

eyeguy wisdom that is dead nuts right on!