• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Little Falls River Muskies

Musky Mike

Any 411 ON where on river in falls I might find some toothy critters?

------------------
M. Mike

Go to the MN Bookstore, can be accessed through the DNR webpage and pick up some contour maps. I have copies from Sartell to Little Falls. The area above the Blanchard dam is deep and has some mid river structure that looks real good. I have only fished it a couple times, but have never caught anything. The area around the Swan River inlet is supposed to be good. Last time I was there, it had good weed growth.
I am not very good at fishing rivers. I think I need to change my approach out there. I live about 300 yards from the Mississippi just north of Sartell, but am far from a master of this waterway.
I here every Fall there are some bruisers caught up by Little Falls, but not sure where. The nice thing is the river is pretty much void of damage causing obstacles out there.

I have only fished the area atime or two with limited results, but I do have a good story about Muskies in the area!

My older brother was fishing for walleyes below the Blanchard dam i do believe it was and he was standing on a cement embutment, he got a snag and upon jerking it free, a Muskie hit the little minnow that must have still been attached, and jerked my bro off the cement piece and he broke his leg! Not a compound, but a simple break. He hobbled and hopped and fell and hobbled somemore, up and down river and he landed the fish!
It was 25 plus pounds and he had it mounted.

The fish came first, then he went and had a cast put on his leg! A real trooper!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the info. Sorry for the late thanks,had cmptr. VIRUS!!!!!!! M.MIKE

------------------
M. Mike