Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishdog

Little falls, just below dam ?

4 posts in this topic

Im working at the old paper mill plant in little falls until the end of december I was wondering if its good fishing right behind the old paper mill plant? the small channel was froze over but the main river was open and flowing strong. Im thinking of fishing their on my lunch hour on the next nice day (or any half decent day). I dont know if its too shallow or not? and Im also wondering if it freezes safely enough in the small channel or if the smaller channel is deep enough to fish? I'll fish for anything (execpt bullheads, ellpout, dogfish, ect)

any input would be a great help.

thanks, Gene

------------------

Gene,

I didn't realize they were going to start clean up on the paper mill so soon, about time. I think everybody in town will be relived when it's gone.

I've never fished that part of the river this time of year. I've fished that area in the spring and have had pretty good fishing. If you have access to the piece of ground between the two channels, there is an eddy on the East channel about 2/3 of the down from the dam. try tossing a jig and minnow, or jig and plastic. The water is down, but there may be a walleye or two in there. I've also heard the Mn. Power guys used to catch some decent walleyes right below the power house year round.

Good luck
Paul

The downriver tip of that big peninsula has a big deep hole to the west side of it. Haven't fished it, but marked plenty in there. Might be fishable from shore.

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
"The bow is set to distant shore,
then loss is gained and gains once more.
When beach is reached and sails are torn,
the journey is it's own reward."

Thanks for the info. I hope the weather stay's decent enough to fish there. I think I can almost fish the whole shoreline from the point between the channels down river about 30-40 yards or so, but I have'nt had time to get behind the security fence and the river to look closer. Does anyone Ice fish the river there? or anywhere in the nearbye area? (above dam?) Ive never ice fished any rivers yet and it seems a scary-crazy thing to do (I'm thinking more twords the end of December for any safe enough ice around the river????).

Thanks again for replying, any info is great when fishing new areas.

Gene..

------------------