Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
basguy31

Lum Park in Brainerd

4 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any luck catching largemouths on the river near Lum Park in Brainerd? I have relatives with a cabin near there, but I want to try something new.

Thank you.

Big bass in the rice around there. They can appear to be few-and-far between, but once you hit a pocket of fish, you can bet they'll be horses-- some in the 5 and even possibly 6 pound class. Again, stick to the rice beds with big 10-inch worms or something like a Moss Boss.

-a friend,
Cory Schmidt

I've had lots of luck in Rce Lake. Thanks to Whitely Island, Rice Lake meets the river t two diferent areas. The northernmost intersect is via a channel, and it is right here that I usually do well for bass (as well as some nice pike). I've used Mepps spinnerbaits, but they can be easy to snag.

I haven't fished the river all summer, but while driving over the Highway 25 bridge, I've seen just how low the water is this year. Watch your depths, especially in that north channel.

Aaaaanother spot you may want to try is the very northeastern bay, near the Boyscout camp.

Are there many rice beds on Rice Lake or are they mostly up the river?