Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
erikwells

Erik Wells -

3 posts in this topic

I live in Nowthen. I plan on getting out this weekend for certain. I am not sure where just yet but guarantee I will find some water to fish. The Orono Dam sounds like a shot. I love shore fishing this time of year. I also have a 14 foot lund with a 9.9 that fishes three reasonably. The water is real high. If you are serious my email is Erik_wells@afcc.com we can swap numbers. As for your son going fishing when you go it would be a disappointment any other way. Thank god my dad brought me everywhere. So maybe I casted a few lines into the telephone wires on the horseshoe chain. My wife is expecting our first the beginning of December. At what age can they hold a rod? I can't wait. I even save my fatheads and crappie minnows from my trip yesterday. I found another way to justify the pond I had dugout 2 years ago. It is one big baitwell.

Work firewall won't allow me to click your thread.

I caught some of yer thread on the "walleyes & northern" post from Al_b. That dam is the southern tip of lake Orono, and you're right - not too boatable. I imagine something with 12" or less of draft, and a "swamp" motor could get up to it, but there's no point - it's all castable from shore. Check a map for where Main St. crosses the tip of the lake. Park at the power plant, and go catch fish. The only time this fall I've been skunked there was when I just brought one rod, and two spoons. My boy and I have caught sunnies, smallies, rock bass, lil' cats, walleye and northern, all from shore.

E-mail me if ya wanna fish, since it seems yer close to my area. Only hitch, my boy goes where I go.

www.fishingworks.com/robertc
or
robertc@fishingworks.com

------------------
<)/////><{
RobertC