Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
maplegrovefisherman

Wading for smallmouth

maplegrovefisherman

I went over to Monticello to fish the Mississippi last night. I waded in at the park on the west side of the bridge. It was a tough wade, but managed to catch/release 5 smallmouths and had one fish snap my line before I saw it. Is there a better shoreline to fish around there thats easier to use waders?

Get back on the road you turned off of to get in the park and head the other way--south east I guess. Go thru the stop lights
and just stay on the same road untill you really cant go any farther--only about a mile or two at the most. The road ends behind the Monticello hospital right in front of the nursing home. You will see the park on your left--it is a real nice big park that seems to allways be fairly quiet. I have waded out there before and it can be a little tricky but I think its about as easy as the river gets in this area.
What did you catch the smallies on? Did you catch them right behind the bridge pillars in the current break? Later, Pete

maplegrovefisherman

Caught most on a white twister with a safety pin spinner attached. after something broke my line I switched to a floating silver rapala and caught 2 more. Are there alot of northern/musky in that stretch? Trying to figure out what cut my line. Caught all fish south of the bridge. Just found small pockets of slack water and they were in there. Is the spot you mentioned a good catfish area?