Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

1st Please Post Your Fishing Report - Then Join the NEW - Private Fishing Report Clubs   01/24/2018

Private Fishing Report Clubs - Click Here - Post Your Fishing Report Before Joining
      1st, be sure you post a fishing report in the forums, then ask to join after you post a fishing report in your area forum. The Private Fishing Report Clubs are where folks can share private fishing information with club members who have proven they know what's going on. Fishing Report Clubs Link also in Menu above. Apply to become a member today, while it's still easy. 
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Paul Waldowski

Welcome Duck-o-holic

Paul Waldowski

I would like to welcome Jon Dincau (Duck-o-holic) as a moderator of this forum. Jon has moderated it in the past and we are very happy to have him back in this position.

------------------
Paul
ProStaff Director
FishingMinnesota
Iceleaders
My Sponsors

PWaldowski@comcast.net

Yea Jon, about time you got back grin.gif

I'll be in Willmar all weekend, give me a shout. Just a reminder I have the whole week of the 23-31 off...time to do some shooting!!

Crusher

Welcome back Jon! Give me a shout and lets get together. Hard to choose..Ducks, Ringnecks, Eyes, Bow Hunt. Whats a guy to do? Lets get the old crush club rolling again. It was you that picked my log on name.

Catch ya later,

Crusher

Duck-o-holic

Thanks guys, it's great to be back! I'll be working on the big duck boat this week. Hopefully she'll be ready to go soon. Tom, Crusher... let's hook up for some gunning soon! It's going to start getting good. I'm sick of ugly plummaged birds-- bring on them northern greenheads!!!Duck-o-holic

Jason Boser

duck-o-holic we are just starting to see some northern greenies up here in the Grand rapids area up by bowstring

Jason

Duck,

Tried to call you this weekend! Diddnt miss much and it gave me a chance to bow hunt. Got an 8 pt'er Saturday night!!

I've got all next week off, so call me.

Borch

Welcome Duck!

Also congrats on the nice buck Tom.

opefully we'll have some new ducks in the St. Cloud area this weekend. The remaining locals are really spooky. They're flaring away from live ducks on the water.

Borch

Thanks Borch!

It was pretty funny, havnt hunted in 4 years, get out to the spot for the first hunt and see 3 bucks, no does.

The one I got was even more amazing. I set up a ground blind expecting them to come from one direction and he ends up comming from my exposed side! Never even saw me, walked about 10 yards from me and on the first shot I misjudged the distance and shot right under him. He jumped and trotted off. The arrow landed in the cattails by the lake so I walked down and picked it up, and thinking the hunt was over, started to pack up my stuff when I looked out of the corner of my eye and there he was comming back down the trail! This time I nailed him and he only went about 100 yards. When I was tacking the blood, ANOTHER buck was walking down the trail right at me and also when I first got to my spot I kicked up a MONSTER buck that had laid there watching me for almost a half an hour before he got up and ran off. Fun times.

Duck-o-holic

Tom, nice story on the buck! Sounds like a great hunt!! I'm surprised there weren't more birds down in the area this weekend. Jason, thanks for the report! I've done quite a bit of fishing up in your neck of the woods. Stayed on Moose and fished muskies this summer. Also do a lot on North Star, and Jesse (we used to stay at Ayer's campground). My uncle lives in Big Fork, and is big into the muskie scene. Are there good duck opportunities up in that area?Good to hear from you too Borsch! I know just to the west of St.Cloud can really load up with mallards too. I've got a brother who scouts for me in that area when he is muskie fishing smile.gifDuck-o-holic

Borch

Tom,

I bet that got the heart pumping! Sounds like you had a great hunt. Now with some venison in the freezer you can concentrate on those late season ducks.

Borch

EXACTLY!!

I was rationing 2 days of my vacation next week for it, now I can either duck hunt or fish depending on the weather.