Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Muskieguy

Do I need a goose stamp??

Muskieguy

I will be duck hunting for the first time this year. If a goose were to fly by can I shoot it? Or do I need some sort of goose license?

Muskieguy......

Mark Christianson

You need a goose stamp for early season and late season goose.
For standard waterfowl season, blast away with your normal license. No stamp needed specifically for geese.

jlm

You need to buy the state duck stamp and the federal stamp. Both are required to hunt ANY waterfowl in the state of MN. People call them duck stamps and goose stamps but in reality, they are state and federal stamps. You NEED both to hunt ducks or geese! Good luck!

jblabsnduck

You don't need a special stamp. All you need is the state and federal stamps.
For early and late goose you don't need any stamp but you do need the permit. There isn't a stamp for it. The permit will print out on your license as long as you ask for the early or late goose permit.

[This message has been edited by jblabsnduck (edited 09-17-2004).]

CRAPPIEBAIT

It should say on your lic. if you are HIP registered.They ask a series of questions when you buy your lic. not stamps.YOU MUST BE HIP CERTIFIED TO HUNT MIGRATORY WATERFOWL.

------------------
Greg

Borch

You get HIP certified when you buy your small game liscense. It's a series of question regarding your waterfowl harvest and hunting from the preious season. If you didn't do it when you got your liscense you can go back to a liscensing agent and have it added. There might be a small fee for doing it after the fact. I'm not sure about that.

Borch

jlm

You are suppose to be HIP registered upon purchasing your licenses. However, some places are not good about completing these so be sure that it is completed. They should ask you a few questions regarding migratory bird hunting. When you get your print out of licenses, it will state on there that you are HIP registered. If it does not say it, you might not be HIP registered so be sure to check! Last year I bought everything but they did not HIP register me. Got a warning from the CO for this!

Bushwacker

You have to love MN hunting rules. There are all these posts on here and I would guess that nobody is 100% positive that they are completely right. The book is like 300 pages long and still not that clear. On my first hunt in ND I was looking over there flyer-four pages at that time, and I knew exactly what I could hunt, when, where, and how. Why does MN have to be so confusing. Every time I get checked by a CO I get nervous. I have never done anything illegal or even tried to do anything illegal that I am aware of, but with all the confusing language in the game laws, chances are I could have gotten written up for something.

As for the question. It is my understanding that you need a federal waterfowl, state waterfowl, and MN small games lic. to hunt geese in MN during the duck season. On top of those, you need a special goose permit for the early and late goose seasons. You also need to be HIP certified. If you don't get asked when you buy your lic., there is a phone# that you can call that is listed in your hunting regs, I think.

jblabsnduck

Crappiebait, there is no stamp for the early or late goose hunting. It is just a permit that you ask for and it prints out on your small game license that you have it.
It states- Fall special goose permit.
Even though it says fall it is also good for the late season hunt.
For spring snows you also need to ask for that one. There is no stamp for that either, it prints out on your license.
And yes you have to have a state and federal stamp which are actual stamps. They hand the federal to you and you get the state in the mail.
Bushwacker, I would say I am 100% right.

[This message has been edited by jblabsnduck (edited 09-17-2004).]

superfish2

Isn't the HIP certificate a federal thing?

CRAPPIEBAIT

Correct,I guess that's what I meant was a permit.I was stuck on the stamp thing.

------------------
Greg

CRAPPIEBAIT

BUT YOU STILL NEED YOUR STATE AND FEDERAL. smile.gif

------------------
Greg

bigbucks

That's right I thought it was about when they asked you those migratory waterfowl questions. It's on my license like it's supposed to be. I just didn't realize it actually printed on there.

CRAPPIEBAIT

Are you sure about that statement ? I thought in order to hunt waterfowl ANYTIME you need all stamps,even for early goose/late goose/spring goose.I could be wrong,but the way I read it is you always need the state & fed. stamps.

Anyone care to help out on this one ?I'm curious.

------------------
Greg

jlm

You need the state and federal stamp (and a small game license) to hunt all waterfowl from 9/25/04 to the close of the season. That is the regular waterfowl season. There are two special seasons for geese which is earlier and later than the regular waterfowl season. For those, you need an additional license which I believe is $4. You also need to be HIP registered to take migratory birds during any season.

bigbucks

You automatically get HIP registered if you buy your stamps with your license don't you? Or do you need to call or something?