Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
eyecrosser2000

Computer Hunts

eyecrosser2000

Did anybody read the article in a "popular weekly outdoor newspaper" about the guy who is starting a business that lets people shoot exotic animals from their computer? I read it a couple of times to make sure I was getting it right, but I am sure that for a big fee (couple thousand bucks) you can sit at your computer, watch animals at feeding station, and shoot an animal. Not sure of all the details, but it seems like the web-cam is synched up with the crosshairs on the rifle and when you click the mouse you pull the trigger. Wow!

Gissert

I saw that article. I gave me a real uneasy feeling. I don't like it at all.

snake chaser

I saw that article to. Doesn't sound very sportsman like, sounds more like playing a video game.

Esoxmn

The sad thing is there are people who will do it.

cas

I read the same article you can see a demo of the shoot on the website. seems a little scary and very unsportsmanlike. If you need to sit behind your computer to shoot animals then it's probably a safe bet that most of us are happy your not in the woods. I guess different strokes for different folks.

eyecrosser2000

Could you post that web address? I threw out my copy of the article.

Born2Fish

yeah id like to know where i can go to see this what is the web site?

barebackjack

What the he!! happened to the good ole days of fair chase, now that really crosses the line! That shouldnt even be legal, i agree, if you dont even want to get off your duff to leave the house to enjoy the hunt than I'm probably glad you arent in my woods also!

------------------
barebackjack IBOT#197
Why ride the wagon when the walk is so scenic?????????

Dirtyb25

You gotta be kidding me... Pulling the trigger and watching the animal fall is about the only part about hunting that I somewhat dislike. And people will pay big money to do only that? Makes ya wonder.....