• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Crappies on Mille Lacs

Yes, there are crappies in Mille Lacs. I have had good luck in the early spring, (when the water reaches 40 degrees) and late fall, (pre-ice).

Typically you will find them in weed beds and heavy structure. Try fishing near docks and piers. They suspend under the docks and if the sun hits them you can see where they are. They like to hide under something. I have the best luck in marinas and small bays casting from shore or fishing from a dock.

However, I have not found them on Mille Lacs after the lake freezes. If anyone has had luck with crappies thru the ice, please post a reply!

Good fishing!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

If you're looking to ice fish for crappies, it can be pretty slow. Give Dickie a call at Dickies Portside on Mille Lacs or stop in and ask him (it's behind Johnsons Portside baitshop in the SE side of the lake just north of Isle, MN). Tell him Rick sent you.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

That's the idea, all the more for me : )

They are huge crappies as well.