Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Fishing Report Clubs - LIMITED MEMBERSHIP - Join Today - FREE   01/24/2018

Fishing Minnesota had added a new menu item (see above) called Fishing Report Clubs. It's a way to keep the really good fishing reports coming and being shared only with those who also provide detailed fishing reports. We will only approve new members who request to join if they have already posted a recent fishing report in the area forum, associated with the Fishing Report Club area  you want to join. We are going to limit the number of regular memberships, in the Fishing Report Clubs, to the top 20  members in each Club, to those with the best frequency and quality fishing reports provided in the club and less so in the regular fishing report forum open to all members. The higher quality fishing report reserved for the club of course. If  you want fishing reports  around your area, I would Join Now, some of the clubs are starting to fill fast. Use the Fishing Reports Club link in the Menu above (after you've posted a fishing report in the regular area forum) and request to Join.
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Chris Haley

Ballistic Chart

Chris Haley

Does anyone know of a site that I can find out how much drop each round has at different ranges??

Bogsucker

Good ballistics site though you'll need to know the Ballistics Coefficient, weight in grains and velocity of bullets

http://www.eskimo.com/~jbm/ballistics/calculations.html

[This message has been edited by Bogsucker (edited 10-31-2003).]

Insp Gadget

Go to the website of the ammo manufacturer and most of them have ballistics ie.
www.federalcartridge.com I know they, Remington and Winchester all have them. all you need to knowis which bullet your shooting.

Chris Haley

Thanks guy's I did actually find what I was looking for on federal's site. Just took some looking. Had to chose my round then compare and then scroll down until I found the drop chart.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• opsirc
      Begining to think it's going too be a really bad year.  Couples days ago was out, could not get anything to bite, switched up lures half dozen times. Did not help
    • Capt. Quicksteel
      Darn you guys!!   How am I supposed to stay at work and pretend to be interested now? There's nothing better than bow hunting turkeys in the spring after a long winter!
    • monstermoose78
      Hey all just a reminder you will need a new license March 1!! Well it looks like we should be ice fishing for another month or more. There is some coming, so if you need to get you house off the lake it might be wise do it now. bites: green crappies, little elk gills sorting but you will catch them eaters, skogman has good from numbers of gills and crappies, and Lori lake for crappies. the turkey fever is starting to set in for me
    • relax
      Hi @Rick, I'm also looking to take my family out this weekend. I  have a 3/4 ton with a 8x24 ice castle. Was looking at Shields or German. Is it pretty safe with my rig? I know some of these smaller lakes are aerated and can have some soft spots. Just want to be extra safe with the family. Also, the fishing been ok down there? Thanks in advance! Justin
    • relax
      Hey @jlang_04, i'm looking to take my kids down that area and was curious how's the ice for a 3/4 ton with a ice castle 8x24. I'm sure the ice is thick enough but I also know some lakes are aerated or have current and the ice can be soft in some spots. So I just want to be safe with my family. Also, how's the fishing down there?  Thanks, Justin
    • Pat McGraw
      Thanks guys.
    • Pat McGraw
      Up until about seven or eight years ago we were on Head-o-lakes bay. Minimal to no Rustys. Just the old school guys with the big blue boxer-mit claws. We were seeing rounded gobies.  We're on Frazer now. Wow! It's indescribable how many of those buggers there are. We've been trying to do our part by having frequent crawfish boils. Haven't made a dent but fun and tasty to try.
    • ANYFISH2
      will definitely be hunting turkeys again this year.  Love chasing these birds. Intend to go the archery route this year for the first time.  I have 2 kids that always are excited every year, until a couple of early mornings wain thier enthusiasm!  Figuring archery will allow me go on those days the kids dont want to wake up and I think I have something figured out.  Hope my skills will be up to the challenge.  
    • hookie
      I've had very good luck with them also. Always pick some up before heading out on the lake.
    • steel hunter
      Was thinking about heading up the shore for some open water fishing. Was just wondering if their is alot of ice floating around and if not wat kind of wind would make it difficult to fish from shore? Thanks
  • Share & Have Fun