Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

1st Please Post Your Fishing Report - Then Join the NEW - Private Fishing Report Clubs   01/24/2018

Private Fishing Report Clubs - Click Here - Post Your Fishing Report Before Joining
      1st, be sure you post a fishing report in the forums, then ask to join after you post a fishing report in your area forum. The Private Fishing Report Clubs are where folks can share private fishing information with club members who have proven they know what's going on. Fishing Report Clubs Link also in Menu above. Apply to become a member today, while it's still easy. 
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
kindafishy

How big is the perfect reloading bench?

kindafishy

My wife is going to let me move my reloading equipment into the house from the shed. It's only a 10X10 room but alot warmer in the winter. Just wondering about the size? Was thinking about 6' which gives me plenty of work space and won't be the junk collecter my big bench was out back. Let me know of down falls and advantages to big and small benches.

Surface Tension

I could get by with a 6' bench. smile.gif
Make the bench high enough off the ground thats its comfortable to from work standing up or sitting on a stool.
Its the equipment and supplies that take up all the room. Storage bins, shelves and cabinets are just as important.
Good lighting is a must too.
Have fun
What are you reloading?

kindafishy

That's the length I've been thinking. Already got lots of storage AWAY from the bench itself so clutter isn't a problem. Other than the press being bolted down everything else will be stored and use temporary bolts and wing nuts to hold in place and put back when done. My old bench was too big and ended up being a juck collector that had to be cleaned up everytime I wanted to use it. 6 ft. will be big enough to leave my plastic gun vise on when done and still be long enough to work on guns when not reloading and keep it from ending up a female craft table. I reload a few different rifle cal. 300wm, 270, 25-06, 243, 220swift and a 44mag. Still got shotshell reloaders but haven't used them that much the last 10 yrs. Thanks for the feedback.

Whelen35

I would agree, that working from a bench that is too low is not good. Comfortable while standing has been what works best for me. My bench is 14ft, and I still would like to have more room.