Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Rick

Small Game

Rick

Ok, for rabbits, squirrels, woodcock, huns, varmints, and other small game. What's happening?

SQUIRREL SEASON OPENED ON THE 15 OF AUGUST. I DIDN'T GET OUT UNTIL THE 17(WHY DO WE NEED JOBS ANYWAY??)I DON'T KNOW HOW IT IS IN MINNESOTA BUT HERE IN THE HOOSIER STATE I SWEAR OUR SQUIRRELS HAVE AN EARLY WARNING SYSTEM OR GOOD MEMORIES BECAUSE THEY KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE UP TO WHEN YOU'RE HUNTING THEM!YOU COULD STOMP THROUGH THE WOODS WITH A RUNNING CHAINSAW IN EACH HAND BEFORE SEASON BUT AS SOON AS SEASON OPENS YOU STEP ON A TOADSTOOL AND EVERY SQUIRREL IN THE COUNTY HIGHTAILS IT OUTTA THERE!I'M JUST WHINING BECAUSE I SHOT ONE AND MY COUSIN SHOT FOUR.I DID ACCUSE HIM OF TYING SQUIRRELS UP IN STRATEGIC LOCATIONS(HIS HALF OF THE WOODS)THE NIGHT BEFORE,BUT HE DENIED IT.BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME.

------------------
FISHIN ROD

[This message has been edited by FISHIN ROD (edited 08-18-2000).]

I have been trying to do some varmit hunting in the last couple of years with limited success. I have been enjoying the walks and the soitude, but I would really like to have some more hunting success. Could someone give some ideas; calls, areas, different ways of scouting? By the way I am shooting a 25-06 sighted in at 175 yards, it that far enough?

DARK30

HEYO!
I TOOK A ROAD TRIP OUT TO WILLMAR TO SEE MY DEAR OLD GRANDMA AND I NOTICED QUITE A FEW BIRDS ALONG HWY 7. THERES NOT MUCH COVER BUT I DID SEE A FEW OF THOSE ROUND CORN FEEDERS IN SOME GOOD AREAS. THANKS TO WHOEVER IS DOING THAT! THERES ONLY ONE THING BETTER THAN A ROOSTER IN THE FALL AND THATS MY SETTER LOCKED UP A FEW FEET AWAY WITH HIS TAIL TWITCHING! (I THOUGHT THE BIRDS OUT THERE WERE ALMOST EXTINCT!)

Rick

Did you take your young hunter out this season?

doubleUcubed

I've been part of a hunting group from Lake Lillian that hunts rabbits every winter. They started doing this as a group about 30 years ago with a few of the older guy's passing on with time. Of all the things I do I probably enjoy hunting rabbits with this group the most. We all wear orange, have an orange Dodge Van that we pile into and hunt farm sites over a large area. A couple of the older guy's who have been doing for nearly 30 years know every rock pile, brush pile, old piece of machinery and hiding place in all those groves! The people who allow us to hunt their farm sites look forward to seeing "the rabbit hunters" return each winter. Safety without a doubt is our number one priority. We have strict rules as far the "hunt" goes, when to shoot, where to shoot and who shoots are just a few. We use 12 gauge shot guns with 7 1/2 shot loads. I think they have held a rabbit feed for just about every year they/we have hunted, it's usually the first weekend in March. As with most hunting/fishing trips it's the one's that got away that are remembered the most, laughed about and teased about the most. Oh yeah, depending on who the new comer into the group is you may be required to carry a stick the first year and a BB gun the second!!!! Hee! Hee! Can't wait for the first hunt.