Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mayfly

Tip...For all dog owners

2 posts in this topic

The other day Luci found some wild mushrooms and filled her stomach with them. I figured no big deal. My friend disagreed and told me to call the vet. My vet said that wild unknown mushrooms can be very dangerous if ingested. The vet told me that I had to get them out of her stomach and this is what she suggested. She told me that I needed to get Luci to drink hydrogen peroxide! I guess it makes dogs vomit everything out of their stomach. I knew she was thirsty so I filled her water dish with a whole bottles worth. She began gulping it down! She was so thirsty that she came back for seconds. I then stood in the yard with her for a few more minutes and Luci began to make weird body movements. All of the sudden she puked. It was pretty gross! Then she stood around for a minute and puked again. Two huge piles of puke (Mmmmm). All of the mushrooms were out, mission accomplished!

Moral of the story: If your dog ever ingests something that he/she is not supposed to just get some hydrogen peroxide in that stomach and everything will come up! Good to know I guess. Pass it on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bet Luci thinks twice next time you offer her some bottled water! I've had to do the same to my Lab after I (stupidly)accidentally gave him the siezure medicine meant for my other dog. He wouldn't drink it willingly so I had to force feed him with a turkey baster. What a heal I felt like! Sure works though.

Nick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0