Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mr. egg

sauger

22 posts in this topic

any of you know where to catch spring sauger. my favorite spot is where the croix and mississippi meet

What do catch most of the saugers on?

Mr. Egg,

To be honest I usually just get them mixed in with the walleyes, and I don't really have a go to sauger spot in ther spring that is... But I do remember at time six years ago on opening weekend that we had a pass where it was sauger hand over fist and we named that spot "sauger city" but usually I just get them mixed in with eyes.
Anybody else?

Turk Gierke
www.croixsippi.com

Prescot has always been hit or miss sauger action when I go. I would say just below the 94 bridge on the wis side where it drops off to deep water is pretty saugable. Got lots there last fall.

I usually fish for saugers under the prescott bridge

best of luck

me too

Speaking of the Prescott bite anyone hear reports or fished it lately?
Turk

I usually catch sauger nar the Kinicicik

What is the biggest sauger you have caught fishing......., Mine is 3 pounds

I always get a mix there, in fact I believe I had a saug-eye last time I was out there.

I usually get most of my saugers in between the two bridges you know the one for cars and the other for trains

What is the most saugers you caught in day Big Jim.

you might want to try pools 3 and 4 for big ones

Fished prescott last night.Never caught an eye they all were saugers.No real big ones but did bring 3 home from 15-16 inches.Biggest I got out of the croix was 22 inches last year on a shad rap.One of my buddies caught one that was a little bigger than that so they are there.Pool 4 has some pig saugers also but dont rule out the croix.

what did you catch all those saugers on

The ones in Pcity were on jig and minnow.The big one was a #5 jointed shad in the light crawdad pattern and jig and my buddy got his with a jig and minnow.

I got a 22' last winter from my ice house. that is the biggfest i have seen on the croix. i also got my first saugers of the year this weekend

I have had sauger syndrom the last two weeks.All I seem to catch are saugers even where I usually catch eyes.I bring someone with and they seem to get eyes but me its been saugers.Maybe Im too deep or might just be my luck.

where do you get them all
I'm looking to catch a few this weekend

lots of sauger at prescott, fish from the bottom with a fathead on a red head hook.

do you fish with a red hook or red jig head
What depth do yuo fish at

Jigs,
Fireball,orange,red all work just go with what works the best for you.They get most the saugers on the northeast side of the road bridge up to the no wake and below the west side of the rr bridge to the ol miss.Fish the deeper water 26+ fow.It will be 30+fow right now.