Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

River Level

9 posts in this topic

Well, I was down there today and found that it is pretty high. Average flow for the St.Croix is about 5,629 cubic feet per second. Right now it is at 19,700 cfs. I found this info at: http://waterdata.usgs.gov/wi/nwis/uv?05340500
This is from St. Croix Falls. What with the Apple River, Willow River, and the Kinni all these rivers are way above normal and they dump into the Croix, so you can pretty much guess how high it is! I'll bet it's colder too.

Put the boat in tonight at Osceola. That tells you it is not too high. It must be up a good 5 to 6 foot from sunday. We where out for 6 hours and it looked to come up just a couple of inches in that time. This surprised me.

When will it crest and start to receed? I just got a Jon boat and want to head north! Forecast calls for more storms tonight. Hope they're wrong on that.

Ebass. Shhot me a email if you are looking for some company on the upper strech. I have not fished up there yet but plan on checking it out this summer.

I heard that sunday was suppose to be the crest. As long as we don't get much more rain which it sounds like we might!

crappie getter,

------------------
Chris's Croix Guide Service
http://fishingminnesota.com/stcroixguide/
(651) 458-1899
arndts@tcq.net
St. Croix River

Mike W,

What's your email address? Maybe next weekend. I'm hooking up with Mr. Special and possibly Moby1 and heading to Medicine this Sunday. But I do want to get up to Nevers or maybe further upstream for smallies. I'm not a waldo guy until the ice season but I'd be willing to give that a shot.

Shoot me a message at mswestman@aol.com

Mike you have mail smile.gif