Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mr Special

Open Water

5 posts in this topic

Hey Sinker, TRZ and Everybody,

There is a small lagoon on the southeast side of the Hudson brigde. I've fished it in the past for early season crappies, sunnies, and catfish. Do you guys know if it's open yet? If so Who wants to make a trip there this weekend?

Good luck

I know the spot . . Do you shorefish it?

Mr. Special, sturgeon 46 is right.When I came home from work tonight it was still pretty much all ice in that lagoon and opening up pretty good outside of it.Might be a little while yet.Take it easy.

Yes I've shore fished, but did better from boat. The south side of that lagoon is shallower and seems to warm up faster. Which in turn attract bait fish. Do you know if it is open?

I have not been over there lately - I'd guess the lagoon itself is still not open but I've heard most of the main channel area in Hudson is. I guess we are in for rain/cold/wind/snow for the next couple of days so fishing might not be my first choice this weekend!