Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New to site

6 posts in this topic

Hello All
Site looks cool.
Anyone done any fishing down by the st. croix bluffs state park ? Looking for
the eyes. Been good to me before.
How about north of stillwater for the
muskie.
Any info would be great.
Thanks and hope to here back.

Welcome to the site Choper,
one of the guys should get back to you soon with some info. I think they're fishing.

Turk's looking for Cat's now grin.gif
JK

Choper

I fished there Saturday with Sucka and again on Monday with my brother in law. The walleyes and sauger were hitting in 23 to 28 feet of water on jig and minnow on edges of the bars. If you launch at St Croix bluffs you know where there is such a spot. That's where we caught most of them. The bite was good from 7 to 10 am then slowed and was nonexistent by noon. Don't know about the evening bite, we went home by 2pm both days. I'll be there again tomorrow morning at 6:30 in a blue Sylvan Backtroller; if you see us, swing by and say hi.

All in all labor day was a great weekend. Boated multiple walleye and sauger, a few sheephead, a rock bass, a small mouth bass, a nice sunny, a FAT 12" crappie, and 3 channel cats.

TEACH A KID TO FISH ETHICALLY
TEACH A KID TO LIVE BIBICALLY

www.gemfishing.org

Choper,

There a few muskies to be raised up from the depth north of Stillwater (i.e. north of Osceola). Depending on the water levels, it makes a difference on their whereabouts. I wouldn't necessarily call it a great muskie fishery yet....

Will be fishing it for muskies later this month hopefully. Hope to get you some more detailed information.

------------------
God bless,
Judd Yaeger
Yaeger Guides (Twin Cities Guides) www.totalbusinessware.com/guide.html

Gem Eye guy,

Your account of when the fish bit, was right on for the way this year has shaped up, especially in the last two months! Unless you've got rain, wind, or overcast it's been tough near the noon time hour - Usually though, as most of you know, that's prime time!!! The water has been up three feet from normal all summer long, so that is what I feebily attribute it to...anyway gang, If I may, my advice until the water gets in the low 60's is pick lowlight times or classic walleye chop scenarios for success...
I can't wait for coldwater vertical jigging on the sippi....

Keep cathcin'
Turk
www.croixsippi.com

Chopper,

Welcome.

If you are willing to travel to St. Croix Falls to fish the St.Croix, I can tell you there is a fairly good population of muskies on that stretch. I've caught a good number of them bass fishing. And, every single one of them (big and small) has come off a tree hanging in the water. So, I imagine traditional musky presentations would be challenging (unless you're good at flipping a Suick). I suppose jig-n-pig or a jig-n-lizard (proceeded by a handwrapped leader) would be a good way to go.

It's worth trying. I've caught and seen quite a few fish.