Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crappie getter

Blocked Entrance

2 posts in this topic

Did anyone read the article on Sunday (I beleive?) front page of the Pioneer Press about the harbor just north of prescott 1 1/2 miles on the minnesota side?These rich guys have a harbor with a dock for their boats and they put two poles at the entrance for a gate!I seldom fish this spot but was pretty amazed that they can do this.Earlier this summer I talked to a game warden and they got back to me and said that they were issued a permit for this.The artical said that a permit was issued because these people were threatning with a legal battel.Apparently their stuff had been vandalized.Their permit expired before they renewed it and the DNR has stated that they are going to look into this matter before renewing the permit.So the gate is to remain open.I guess they had a little sign showing a button for fisherpeople to push to get into the harbor.I never happened to see that sign they talked about???Sounds like a pretty secure area to me!!??I love people that try to own everything and keep other people from enjoying what we are all entitled too.Lets all hope that this gate thing gets shot down because I would hate to see gates around at every private beach,harbor, and marinas.

It's nice to be on the river and see most people still friendly and curtious to other boaters and fisherpeople.I know that there exceptions but I fished in many places and the croix is a friendly place.

chris

------------------
Chris's Croix Guide Service
http://fishingminnesota.com/stcroixguide/
(651) 458-1899
arndts@tcq.net
St. Croix River

I heard about this gate on the TV Monday night. The DNR ordered that they take it down within 30 days. Apparently they didn't build it according to the requirements that the DNR gave and many people were complaining about it. Apparently a bunch of people who had boats in there didn't know how to open it. I don't think you'll see them put up another one.